Search results

1. F

2006 jetta 6-speed auto runs great but won't move southern MN

A friend has a 2006 TDI for sale. 2006 Volkswagen Jetta | 3VWRT81K46M710566 | FAXVIN Decoder It runs great but the trany won't engage. Might be the dual mass flywheel. I don't know much about these cars and they don't know if it's an easy fix. Probably in the $800 range.
  2. F

A scrap yard with a few MK4s?

A friend just bought got a MK4 TDI wagon, PO removed the plastic fender liners. I just picked up,... well it drove into my yard and sold itself to me cheap, a 2003 Golf gasser with a bad head gasket,.. and many other problems. The list goes on. So some of us local MK4 owners were thinking we...
  3. F

2000 Jetta TDI. Do I need to push the clutch to start it?

I was thinking there was supposed to be a starter lockout switch for the clutch peddle. And was thinking there used to be. But lately I've been able to start the car without pushing the clutch, even when it's in gear. Is that normal, is there something that needs fixed and where is it? The...
  4. F

Auto NB for sale in MN $1500 137,000 miles

2001 VW Beetle 1.9L TDI alh turbo diesel - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale - craigslist Or a 2 for $3000.
  5. F

2002 Golf MN with autotragic stuck in third $1800

I saw this on MN craiglist: 2002 vw golf tdi diesel for sale by owner - Glencoe, MN - craigslist
  6. F

2003 Golf project in MN craiglist $2500

Saw this in the MN craigslist: 2003 vw golf tdi - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org) It's up north in St Cloud. Part way through a manual swap.
  7. F

Your car's on fire, need trany shift tower parts

Your car is upside down and on fire. That's the story of the Jetta parts car I bought last year. The fire was localized to the battery area so some of the plastic manual trany parts melted/ disappeared. It had the ball-style connectors and all my cables are for levers with the post and clip. It...
  8. F

Someone's selling a running, manual wagon in St. Paul, MN $3500

2002 VW Jetta TDI Wagon - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
  9. F

WTB: brake booster bracket from a B3, B4 or Corrado $50 shipped

I'm putting an 02A in a MK2 Golf. Only part of the puzzle left is the bracket that holds the brake booster and clutch master to the firewall.
  10. F

South Bend stage 2 daily install

On the advice of several people on here I got a south bend stage 2 daily for the M-TDI. Reading the install instructions for sticking the pressure plate to the crank, it says to use red lock-tite and torque to 65ltlbs,.. for the Audi S4 SMF conversion crank bolts. This is a SMF conversion but...
  11. F

2001 Golf salvage Auction car in TX

Just saw this while hunting for a MK4 2.0 for my Nephew. It's a 2001 Golf, up for auction in TX. Got hit in the front but just barely. I bet it still drives. If it's crashing into things, it was probably a daily driver. It's at $125 right now. About 1 day left on the auction. Manual trany...
  12. F

Craigslist: '99 Golf TDI for sale in MN

VW Golf - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
  13. F

WTB: BRM intake manifold

Looking to upgrade the old ALH intake on the M-TDI to a better flowing intake. Heard the BRM flows good and will fit the ALH.
  14. F

Can't open driver's door after the big freeze.

We had some warm weather and snow that melted. Then the big freeze hit and now I can get the door to open a little but a chunk of ice has formed at the bottom of the door near the fender. It's blocking the door from opening very far. I poured hot water over the crack between fender and door...
  15. F

Wher can I find rear mud flaps for a 2000 Jetta?

I've searched around and couldn't find any rear mudflaps for the jetta. Any suggestions on places to look?
  16. F

Buying parts from Germany

I think the euro is lower than it used to be so stuff is cheaper to buy from Germany. But where is a safe place to buy from? 1.7 pistons work in a 1.6 engine. If it's already bored to the biggest 1.6 oversize and worn, it can be bored a little more (1.5mm more, 79.48mm) with these pistons...
  17. F

Just got a '98 Jetta TDI parts car

I picked up a blue '98 Jetta that got hit in the front. Mostly got it to upgrade the trany and K-frame for the MK2 M-TDI. But I'll be swapping the rear end over to the Mk2 also. The engine will go into a MK1 GTI. Keeping the engine wiring, airbox and cluster in case I need to go E-TDI. Someone...
  18. F

Blue MK4 Jetta driver's side doors in Iowa $50 or best offer

She took a direct hit on a slick spot this winter, flipped right on her roof in the ditch. That's not going to buff out. But the driver's side doors survived. I know it's a beautiful color haven't seen many like it and it's a great loss,.. but try not to cry about it. Don't let it ruin your day...
  19. F

I picked up a few cores for $100 want to rereing/rebuild them

I picked up a couple long blocks and a short block with accessories like starters, alts and AC. Got the head pulled on one and it dropped the top off a valve and fed it to the piston on #4. The empty short block came with 3 pistons. I want to grab a piston out of the short block and put it in...
  20. F

Whats the difference between 1-2 and 3-4 pistons ALH block

I bought some TDI cores and in one block the #4 dropped a valve. I keep reading the 1 and 2 pistons are different than the #3 and 4 pistons. But I can't see the difference right off.