Search results

1. A

Coolant blown out from expansion bottle

Since replacing the core in mine, I've done 2000km approx and only now am I topping up the coolant level. Notice a slight drop off but nothing significant (about 200ml). This was to be expected to squeeze out any air pockets. I hope not to be filling it again for a long time. Ill do a coolant...
  2. A

Just an update guys. I've done 600 miles approx (1000km) and absolutely no loss of coolant since i changed the heater core. This mileage was done with a good bit of spirited driving through motorways and single carriageway - with a few regens in between. Had a standing regeneration yesterday...
  3. A

I will take your advice :):) Thanks
  4. A

Have just had my heater matrix replaced but nothing to report as yet as I've just been going on short journeys.. Ill have a decent run (200 mile round trip with motorway speed) this weekend and hopefully nothing will happen. Will update later
  5. A

Thanks for posting this link. I've re iterated this to my mechanic and assures me he will flush the system twice. See how I get on this Thursday... I am confident that this will solve the problem. By the way, would anybody recommend a Valeo or Nissens Heater core? I said to him to put...
  6. A

Thanks for the update Skilled Milk. Places like these are great to talk and knock ideas around at little to no cost. I could have spent, like others did, hundreds, even thousands on fixes that were not necessary. Head gaskets, pumps, coolers etc. The heater core is more than likely the cause, so...
  7. A

Thanks Schultze.. So I’ve decided to take the plunge and change the heater matrix. Have my car booked in for Thursday 29th August with my local independent garage. He did is training with VW and is a decent sort. He has changed a couple of these in the past so knows the score. Seems to be in...
  8. A

Keeping a close eye on the heating vents on the dash.. Engine running at normal operating temperature.. Heat from the left and centre console, cold air from the right vents.. Mines a Right Hand Drive.. This really is a puzzle. Heater matrix? Possible. How can air/pressure be introduced in a...
  9. A

I have just recently been monitoring and noticing that all of the vents On the dash have varying degrees of temperature. This is while all are set at the same temperature and the engine is up to operating temperature. So maybe the heater matrix/core failure is the answer..
  10. A

Check this out.. These guys are all in the same boat and have come to the same or similar conclusion.. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36825&page=2
  11. A

2k seems like a lot of money for a job that didn't work. I had been suspicious that this was the case with my own but, if it was indeed a cylinder head then the coolant would be pressurizing once the engine is turning over. This would happen all the time. But this problem seems to be...
  12. A

Good afternoon all, A few more people posting the same problems I see. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this sooner.. Been absent for the past while after a period of inactivity with Coolant Overflow. Everything seemed to be going fine until this morning. Just had my most recent coolant...
  13. A

Just carried out the test again. Same Result: A light green colour after a few minutes. According to the manual the fluid should turn yellow for Petrol, Diesel and LPG.. Green means an Invalid test.. Conflicting statements then say green for diesel = combustion gases present. DrSchultze: Did...
  14. A

Evening all, Just carried out the sniff test and, as predicted, the result was negative/Invalid. The liquid should have changed from blue to yellow but took a time to change to green. This sniff test apparatus has 99.9% accuracy apparently... So, as a precaution I will test again tomorrow to...
  15. A

Good evening all.. Glad to know I am not alone with the coolant overflow issue (2014 Golf 7 GTD) 84K Miles. So just to get you all up to speed; Just started happening to me over a month ago. Have had the car a year now with pain free driving and no problems. Presenting all the symptoms as you...