Search results

1. T

2005 Golf TDI Parts Car Ideas

So after almost a year of pestering my friend, I obtained this poor Golf. Car says 2006 on the catalyst sticker but its actually an early 2005. I want to find a Jetta Wagon gasser or TDI to swap this 1.9 w/5 speed manual into. Are there any other VW cars that I could swap this drivetrain...
  2. T

2006 Jetta TDI CAM Replaced!

I finally got around to replacing my camshaft after noticing copper streaks in the underside of the valve cover. And when I tried to adjust my torsion to anything above 0.0 I would get loud valve a train slapping noise. So I with a Colt Cam Stage 2 from KermaTDI and started/finished the job...
  3. T

06 Jetta BRM Starts Then Stops When Hot

I will start off with saying that this forum has been an indispensable resource for all of the repairs that I have successfully performed on this car! Thanks! So, I was having an issue where the car would stall at a stop light and not run more than 2 seconds. Changed the EGR Valve and that...
  4. T

2006 BRM Diesel Smoke On Start

So I just bought a 2006 TDI Jetta 5-speed with 208k miles for $2400 (talked him down from $3k) When I start the car after it has warmed up I get a puff of white smoke from the exhaust. And a few times the engine would stop mid crank on start. Basically it would fire then stop, but will start on...