Search results

1. U

Mk4 6 speed

I cant speak to the AWD portion but 02Q from newer models is defn possible in our mk4's, just needs more software modifications to get around the lack of VSS sensor. Im running a 02Q from a 2013 Jetta TDI in my mk4 TDI 100km/h = 1600rpm
  2. U

02S 6 speed conversion into 02J case

My cluster is 1J5920826C and the address for ABS instead of VSS is 0x65, value 0x80 = VSS sensor, 0x83 = ABS sensor My ECU is 038906012GN and the address for ABS instead of VSS is 0x51BBA, value 0x01 = get speed from the cluster (VSS sensor), 0x03 = get speed from ABS sensor
  3. U

02S 6 speed conversion into 02J case

Im running an 02Q six speed on my ALH, rewrote the cluster for ABS over CAN instead of VSS, it works well. So much easier then drilling out your case to install a VSS sensor you really dont need. unless Im missing something here
  4. U

What did you do to your MKIV today?

swapped a 02Q 6 speed into my ALH, damn those RPM's are low ! got cruise and speedo working as well through software
  5. U

Alberta Members

Edmonton here! nice to see more Berta boys here Im in the process of doing a 6 speed swap into my ALH mk4 !
  6. U

Another AC not cooling well thread

Original compressor I changed the RCV hoping to fix the problem. No change. Then I replaced everything minus the hoses and evaporator. No change. So it's unlikely the rvc was installed wrong at the factory. As it's doing the exact same thing as before. It could be a daunting txv but again...
  7. U

Any idea how I could be getting 30psi on the low side and only 50psi on the high side? Two compressors and a total of three RCV
  8. U

If the evaporator was plugged I would get over pressure on the high side correct?
  9. U

Definitely different
  10. U

I will double check but I don't remember any wires for that. Just the clutch.
  11. U

The compressor said it came with the correct amount of oil pre-installed.
  12. U

No UV light. I pulled a vacuum and let it hold for 30 min with no pressure drop. Filled to 30/50psi last month. Still at 30/50psi now
  13. U

I have two sets, (I bought a set for refilling, then when I bought a vacuum it came with its own set) both confirm the same thing.
  14. U

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9800016&cc=1418554&jsn=1232&_nck=ZExt1ysfqhqWnq%2BEvUNdS03cFS568snzuV%2FzqSJVZh3498vLYWSuEjp92aoBolon3WBKz2lqwdMs6LDbdImAUUSFxmQtHGpNahh9hUHtG7Y0gYEo4pyQ7vL02ll8AJfFTN6rC8V3s%2FtaqnnqToswNG0z5ychPv4pZhDVsI29VZCJg7MrNtHtYftiaJhVKFjKQzSV6IO6L0RSMKRHhZuRMR...
  15. U

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9819676&cc=1418554&jsn=1228&_nck=ZExt1ysfqhqWnq%2BEvUNdS03cFS568snzuV%2FzqSJVZh3498vLYWSuEjp92aoBolon3WBKz2lqwdMs6LDbdImAUUSFxmQtHGpNahh9hUHtG7Y0gYEo4pyQ7vL02ll8AJfFTN6rC8V3s%2FtaqnnqToswNG0z5ychPv4pZhDVsI29VZCJg7MrNtHtYftiaJhVKFjKQzSV6IO6L0RSMKRHhZuRMR...
  16. U

You can't buy 134a as a consumer in Canada. R12a is supposed to be a direct replacement
  17. U

I can't seem to build any useful pressure on the high side. Low 30psi High 50psi Replaced the condenser, dryer, expansion valve, compressor, pulled vacuum, replaced with approx correct amount of r12a. It should be just over a can and a half, that brought the system to 30psi on the low side...
  18. U

Tales of two thermostats

I would have been on with 205f but 210+ doesn't leave me feeling confident when the weather is -10c here and that's up a snap hill. We have high elevation hills here, 120kmh speed limit, 8% grade for 40km. I just don't know if I would trust the stant to keep the temp from going in to orbit
  19. U

Tales of two thermostats

So my oem thermostat was having issues getting up to temp. Was opening way to early. Even with the front blocked off in the winter it was hard to get it to 71c. So I bought a stant 45379 195f (91c) thermostat. I do not like this one at all! At 50mph it would run around 97c and at 65mph I was 99c...
  20. U

Wont start, super strange noise

Stdoubt for the win. The alt was frozen solid. I've never seen an alternator fail that way. Had many stop charging, start squeezing etc but never lock up solid. And so sudden. Crazy. I replaced the serp belt about 4 months ago and the alt spun freely, no noises, no play. And it was defn charging...