Search results

1. I

02 Beetle TDI, shopping?

I am going to go look at a 02 Beetle TDI with 5 speed manual transmission with 190,000 miles that is for sale by a private seller in a nearby town tomorrow, price is attractive ($3,500 ish), looks good in photos, paint is either in great shape or it has been repainted (2 tone paint scheme...
  2. I

Lots of warning messages 2015 Sportwagen

As I was turning the corner to get to the driveway of the house after a 120+ mile trip today all sorts of lights and warning lights starting going off on the dashboard. I think the first was Air bag system failure, quickly followed by ABS, Stability control, TPMS, and I think 2 or 3 more. I am...
  3. I

CPO Warranty coveage?

Does the VW CPO warranty normally cover paint repair flaws in paint work done as part of the CPO prep process? We are having issues with the local VW dealership where we bought a CPO 2015 Sportwagen in June which has developed paint blistering, at what appears to be the site of a previous...
  4. I

Phase 2 visual confirmation on 2015 GSW?

I have what I hope is a simple question, is there an easy way to visually confirm that Phase 2 of the recall has been completed on a 2015 Golf Sportwagen? I bought a CPO 2015 GSW over the weekend, got it home and found the sticker under the hood shows partial emissions. I have been on the...
  5. I

2015 CPO Sportwagen, recall?

I just bought a low miles (18,200) 2015 Golf Sportwagen for my son on Saturday, got it home and found the sticker under the hood lists the emissions recall as partial, dated 6-10-19, further search on the VW VIN recall page shows it is also lacking the rear spring replacement recall. Is it...
  6. I

Debating between 2015 CPO TDI's?

I am considering buying a car for my son who will soon be graduating college and am strongly considering getting him a 2015 TDI VW for a number of reasons having to do with his likely expected 100+ mile per day commuting distance for the foreseeable future (his current car is not likely to last...