Search results

1. spooality

SOLD: 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 6-speed manual, no sunroof, 135,000 miles, asking $8,500, located near St. Louis, MO area

For sale is my 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with the 6-speed manual transmission. It currently has almost 135,000 miles and will be driven daily until I have an offer or purchase a new vehicle. I'm located near St. Louis, MO. I'm actually just across the river in Troy, IL. I'm asking $8,500, OBO...
  2. spooality

What IS the Mk6 Jetta Sportwagen?

Is it a Mk6 Jetta with a Golf front? Mk5 Jetta Sportwagen with a Mk6 Golf front? Stretched out Mk6 Golf? Something completely different? If I was roaming around a junkyard, what would it have the most parts in common with?
  3. spooality

How does this connecter for a backup camera connect to the RCD330?

I recently upgraded my head unit in my 2012 Sportwagen to the RCD330, NONAME 187F model. It's been great. Now I've purchased this backup camera unit off of eBay. I've watched a bunch of videos on YouTube and read through plenty of forums to get prepared for the installation, but nothing I've...
  4. spooality

How to route cables for backup camera

I just purchased this rear view camera off eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamic-Trajectory-Rear-View-Backup-Camera-Fit-For-VW-Jetta-MK6-Tiguan-Passat-B6/124394823251?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 I recently installed an RCD330 187f and every time I put the car in...
  5. spooality

FS: RCD510 Head Unit with Code, Bluetooth Module - St. Louis, MO

I recently upgraded my head unit (RCD330) and have no need for these items: RCD510 head unit with code - $75 + shipping - SOLD Bluetooth module (was under the passenger seat) - $75 + shipping Here are some picture of the items... They were both pulled from a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sportwagen...
  6. spooality

How to prepare for dealership with TDI

I was driving home from visiting my family last night, about a 120 mile trip, and my check engine light came on with about 70 miles left. Everything seems fine. No weird noises, shakes, or anything like that, but I'm bringing it to the nearest dealer tomorrow since it could be an issue that is...
  7. spooality

Turn of brake light after changing brakes

I just changed my front brake pads and rotors for the first time ever in any car. I'm trying to learn how to do some of the work on my car myself. Everything went well, except one thing: I didn't realize that the pads for the driver side have a wear sensor and the pads for the passenger side...
  8. spooality

How can I get my radio code?

I purchased a new radio to install in my car and would like to sell the old one (RCD-510) on eBay or Craigslist or something. Where can I find the code for the radio so that somebody else can install the radio in their car?
  9. spooality

What tool do I need to compress the rear brake caliper?

I'll be replacing the rotors and pads on my 2012 Sportwagen soon, just getting all of the parts orders. I'm think I'm going with Power Stop's Euro-Stop kit, unless somebody tells me that there's a much better option out there for the same price. I know that I just need a normal brake caliper...
  10. spooality

Clutch pedal on the floor - how do I know if it's the clutch master cylinder?

Went out to the Jetta this morning (all ready to go get a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin'), pressed down on the clutch pedal and never felt it come back up. I've been having issues with it lately (very soft, sometimes sticking to the floor), which I posted about and got some good insights, and I...
  11. spooality

Looking for a less "mushy" brake feel...

My brakes are ready to be replaced and I'm trying to figure out what the best way to go is. I think the current rotors and pads are the original ones (85k miles) and the front rotors are warped. I'd like to keep the total price under $500. I'm pretty easy on my Sportwagen, don't drive it fast or...
  12. spooality

Clutch pedal stuck... just for a minute.

I was merging on to the interstate this morning and I saw that the road was wide open, so I thought it would be fun to floor it and get up to speed. Once I shifter in to fourth, I let off the clutch pedal and it only came back about an inch or two. The clutch felt like it fully engaged, and when...
  13. spooality

WTB: RCD 310 Radio with Satellite & Code

I'm wanting to replace the RCD 510 in my 2012 Jetta Sportwagen with the RCD 310. I know, seems like a downgrade, but I just don't like the touchscreen. Plus, it doesn't have the firmware update and the bluetooth bugs drive me crazy. Dealers are quoting me $150-ish to update it. I'm looking for...
  14. spooality

Replace RCD 510 with RCD 310

I've got a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with the Premium VIII radio (RCD 510). I really dislike the touchscreen; it's hard to see in bright sun, I have to take my eyes off the road to find the right button, and I just don't like it all that much. Plus, I can't find a dealer who knows anything about...
  15. spooality

WTB MK6 Jetta Sportwagen Security Shade/Tonneau Cover/Cargo Cover in Cornsilk Beige

Not sure what the official name of the item is: security shade, tonneau cover, , cargo cover, etc. It's the shade thing that goes in the trunk that you can pull over to block the view of what's in the trunk. My 2012 JSW didn't come with one. Not sure if they were made in the cornsilk beige color...
  16. spooality

Burnt out light on steering wheel control.

Has anybody had one of the lights on their steering wheel multifunction control burn out? I have a 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI and the light under the left button on the right side of the steering wheel is out. Is there an easier way to fix this that just replacing the entire button unit thing-y?
  17. spooality

Where can I find this... overhead console button cover thing?

Driving down the road the other day in my 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI with MT and I hear this rattling noise from above me. I touch the cover over the lamp buttons and the rattling stops. Then, I take my finger off of the piece and it falls onto the dash. It looks like all of the plastic clips...