Search results

1. J

Dpf clogging issues

I wonder if schrinezz is only commuting in City traffic with his TDI? DPF's dont like it one bit they also dont like wrong spec oil that's high in ash what spec oil you running? the wrong combination of both would also contribute to clogging up the dpf. because i got a 2012 VW Jetta 281,000...
  2. J

Transmission fluids

i have a bottle of gear oil i bought at VW about 3 years as long as you match up that spec from the oem VW gear oil to the fuch's titan sinto fluid your golden. theres a few 6 speeds not all take the same spec mine is G 052 512 A2 from VW oem grey bottle it mached fuch's on the bottle to a T ...
  3. J

Transmission fluids

You dont mention what year your VW TDI is? i got a 2012 TDI 6 speed (titan sinto fluid 75w gear oil) is whats fully compatable with VW TDI"s oem spec its what i used hell of alot cheaper than buying vw oem rip off fluid...
  4. J

New to VW, Just bought 2012 Jetta TDI

really No DPF issues here or anything from my 2012 TDI jetta still on original DPF only way someone messes one up is useing wrong spec oil when doing an oci" You need to use 507.00 spec low ash oil (like Mobile1 ESP) or (lique Moly Top Teck) 5w30 if your buying a TDI for just its local fuel...
  5. J

Tell Us About Your Very 1st Diesel

My very 1st Diesel is and still have is a 2012 VW Jetta TDI highline 6 speed with 260,000 Canadian K's love the vehicle starts & drives like a dream. (y)
  6. J

Dealer says $500-$550 for new battery

there ripping You off.! & the only programing needed are the radio presets lol! i bout a interstate battery last year for $160.00 unless there gold flakes of gold attached to the VW battery i wouldnt touch it.
  7. J

stick with G52 in your tranny - here's why...

Ravenol 75W MTF-3 Yes! that's the oem weight fluid that VW most likely uses in all there manual's just relabled VW bottles & charges a ton for i had a 1 liter of VW fluid left over from 2 years ago wich after checking the OEM VW spec on the 2 year old grey looking bottle i bought off VW dealer...
  8. J

P2015 & P0401 code Help

I have the same car Dont sweat it dude, when i got that P2015 code the FIX is simply to go online & order one of these L shaped brackets i installed it myself you will need to remove the actuater motor wich is if i recal 2-3 bolts & slip that L bracket on the side of the motor and tighten up the...
  9. J

///// Additional aero mods and findings /////

my 13 TDI Jetta gets 2 - 2.5 Liters per 100km's of driving better fuel economy on the highway better fuel mileage by simply increasing the Cetane rating a little higher i added a bottle of Kleen flow Cetane boost. my TDI's compression is at 16.1 so a bump in cetane the engine loves it.
  10. J

DPF Replaced Four Times

he cant hes from the states. they have emmision testing unlike ontario
  11. J

DPF Replaced Four Times

thats' why in germany there DPF's dont clog up. dude how do you think i got to 230.000km's on original DPF? it was not from babying it. lol it makes a difference. so there built in mexico its still got german parts on it and there built structurally strong as well more so than north american...
  12. J

DPF Replaced Four Times

toffe&cornsilk you bettar make sure who ever is doing your oci's is useing 507.00 spec oil its basically a Low saps low ash oil useing anything uther than 507.00 spec oil in your car will plug that dpf up also tdi's like long drives and once in awhile a good hard drive with plenty of high rpm's...
  13. J

DPF Replaced Four Times

4 DPF'S ***.? im still on original one on my 2013 VW TDI your doing something wrong are you uesing 507.00 spec oil when doing your oci's? also these cars need to be pushed sometime to blow the shlit out of the dpf. dont baby it its a german car.
  14. J

oil consumption

Yeah 12 Quarts that's insane!! PCV valve been changed? you could have either hard valve seals or there cracked does it blow blue smoke at cold start up? another possibility are stuck/Carboned Oil control rings. i would add 2 cans of BG EPR and idle engine at 1500 rpm's for 20 minutes in a...
  15. J

Diy diesel kleen

Yes Diesel Kleen is a good product half a bottle covers a full tank on my TDI Jetta would i use it every tank No... no need to that's way overkill to do running a tank or 2 maybe 3 on it is more than enough to-do every 6 months and that's being maticulous at keeping the fuel system clean i fill...
  16. J

What can be done to increase fuel economy?

drive close to the speed limit keep tires inflated at correct psi check your air filter make sure its fairly clean diesel engines suck alot of air in for making power. so a clean filter is a must have for plenty of air flow 2nd keep the diesel fuel system clean i use Kleen flow diesel cleaner...
  17. J

DPF Roadside Cleaning?

Nice video.! that's one way of doing it. honestly on my 2012 TDI jetta regen light rarely comes on in the summer months. winter cold months i will see it more frequent the procedure on a VW TDI is to drive the vehicle on the highway at a lower gear to have the RPM's above 2200 and hold them...
  18. J

2015 Jetta TDi Oil Change Warning Light After Oil Change and Interval Reset

Please dont tell me You used North American oil in a TDI?
  19. J

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

were all getting ripped off by the oil companies! then you have countrys like Saudi Arabia where fuel is a nickel a liter there giving it away over there.. such a Fu&%#$%@&^ing scam!!
  20. J

Burning oil with diesel

That's right it dont pay to dump old dirty oil in the tank? your trashing the diesel injection pump? & injectores, posibly sensores, not to mention the DPF filter. all going to be trashed you might as well trash the car there after.