Search results

1. S

Car ran without coolant for a short time

Feel good gauge?? It had be running probably for about 10 min in the evening, around 50 degrees out. I can’t top it off because the radiator is broken at the bottom. I was worried that if the engine got too hot hot that rear main seal along with other might heat up and wear out.
  2. S

Car ran without coolant for a short time

A friend got in a fender bender with my ALH and lost coolant on the way to my house. It drove leaking for about 5 miles. Im worried there might be some damage to the seals. What should I look for when I go to take a look at it and repair the radiator. What’s the worst that could have happened...
  3. S

Can anyone identify this car? Was involved in drive by.

As far as the CLS, is the AMG only one with round exhaust? I saw a white CLS with a temp permit drive by yesterday. Couldn’t catch the exhaust as it was dark. I do plan to just forward this info to the police.
  4. S

Of course. They won’t do sh**
  5. S

Hey all. Someone in this vehicle has shot up my neighborhood two nights in a row. I’m trying to figure out the make and model, I’ve narrowed it down to a German car and believe it’s a 2016 Audi S6. Note the rear antenna, rear side window meets at a point, long tail lights and side markers.
  6. S

Dutch Auto Parts, gearbox sets, engines, turbos, injection pumps

Hello. I’ve been trying to order a couple things since October and haven’t received payment info. I PMd you my email address. What’s the best way to order from/contact you?
  7. S

FS 2001 VW Jetta TDI MK4 parts

What’s the mileage on the 11mm pump? Is it re-sealed? Also, is the valve cover new or used?
  8. S

Fs: 2003 alh tdi frost heater (will work on other models)

Considering it’s $150 new and the item you’re selling is used, would you take a lower offer?
  9. S

Eugene area ALH work?

Looking for a trusted mechanic in town. I do most of my own work but some things are out of my knowledge realm. I’ve heard that Checkpoint Auto is a good spot.
  10. S

WTB: VAG-COM cable

Let me know what you got!
  11. S

2002 Golf TDI Part-out on Vancouver Island

PM me with an offer for the switch, I got one laying around.
  12. S

FS: ALH TDI parts

I’ll take them! PM me with payment info Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. S

FS: ALH TDI parts

How much for the glass lenses shipped to 97477? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. S

Was quoted $800 for replacing tie rod assembly...

Why replace if there is no movement on the inners? The joint seems very sturdy still.
  15. S

Wagon towing suspension upgrade

I work in construction and use my wagon to haul around my tools and some materials in the back. Eventually I'll be installing a Westfalia class 2 euro hitch. As far as towing goes, I'll eventually get a popup camper trailer and I'll haul utility trailers as well. I talked to Cascade German and...
  16. S

Was quoted $800 for replacing tie rod assembly...

Thanks for the input guys. Other things got in the way, covid, my partners steering rack on her mk4 wagon needed replacement, etc. Good news is I found a decent alignment shop, they charge $90 for front end and seem straight up. Although they replaced the the 3 bolts and lock plate for the...
  17. S

Dash lights stay on after removing key and wont start

Will do! I found that you could do that through some German sites, I speak German, sure helps when you own a VW. I’ll take some pics with the older pieces and do a DIY. Would be nice if we could just buy the tumbler, in Europe you can. I luckily hada steering column all intact laying around to...
  18. S

Dash lights stay on after removing key and wont start

Turns out the pin on the tumbler that engages the ignition switch had snapped off at the base. I’ll post my solution so others can fix simply: I couldn’t find info out there but you don’t have to replace the whole ignition housing to replace the tumbler, meaning the shear bolts don’t need to be...