Search results

1. B

Misc ALH parts

Hiya! Please PM total for a gauge cluster and complete air box shipped to 12027
  2. B

electrical issues - no blower motor, no wipers, no turns

yes, the ones on the side of the dash, we checked pretty much all of them but if theres a specific one we should be looking at it wont hurt to double check.
  3. B

electrical issues - no blower motor, no wipers, no turns

so we have a 2003 golf tdi, which a few months ago, a nut came loose on 75X and melted the relays and the housing for the relays. Back then the headlights, wipers, and turns didnt work and the horn was permanently on. we replaced the wires and relays and the housing for the relays so for a few...
  4. B

Welp, I think my VNT-17 bit the dust.

prob taking a break from the car. the catch can, theres a hose coming from the valve cover into the "in" port of the catch can, then the "out" goes back into the bottom of the intake tube, right next to the air filter box. hoses are decent sized. didnt actually measure but it does seem to be...
  5. B

so update, and not a good one. We worked with Mike at Kerma, he was great. Got us a turbo and then we ended up needing the intercooler adapter part. Great guy, fast shipping both times. Got the turbo installed and we still have white/blusish smoke and oil coming from the exhaust. We did...
  6. B

FS: 4 Enkei Falcon 5 spoke wheels 17x7, 5x100. Albany NY area.

Thank you! Still available, open to any reasonable offer. Need the monies for my new turbo lol.
  7. B

So interestingly enough, we got the turbo out this afternoon and the impellers seem to be in ok condition and don't have any play. Considering the turbo has about 200k on it, it's probably not a bad idea to rebuild it at this point. Is there something else we could be missing that would cause...
  8. B

FS: 4 Enkei Falcon 5 spoke wheels 17x7, 5x100. Albany NY area.

Enkei Falcon wheels for sale, came off my MK4 Jetta. One has scuffs on 2 spokes. 5x100, 17x7, stock fit. Asking $300 obo. Local pickup only.
  9. B

Thanks so much for your input, greatly appreciated! Seems like sticking with the VNT-17 is my plan now.
  10. B

Alllllrighty then! Sending you an email now haha, thank you!
  11. B

"The White Unicorn"

Now for the "fun" stuff... This past weekend it seemed a little smokier than usual out the exhaust. It had been blowing some nice coal in boost previously, but this was white and more than usual. Started out just with acceleration, so I put Power Service in it thinking it was some bad fuel...
  12. B

"The White Unicorn"

The week we bought the car, I went to jump in it one morning and it wouldn't start. I'm always running late, so I took my other car and left it for my husband to deal with lol. He got it going, then we sent it to my VW guy, Flint European Automotive in Nassau NY for a timing belt. Conveniently...
  13. B

"The White Unicorn"

Thank you! :) Gah, trying to find center caps has been impossible! People want insane prices for genuine BBS, but I can't seem to find anything that will fit. We bought 70mm BBS caps, but they don't seem to fit right. I have to do more research. We actually ordered a set of Honda SI center...
  14. B

Thanks for the link... I found this: Is this the correct turbo? It says it's a GT1749V, just want to make sure that's a VNT-17. Seems like a good buy vs. $850+ elsewhere. Thoughts? Rebuilt garrett turbocharger for the 1.9 TDI used on VW, Audi ,skoda and more Garrett GT1749V
  15. B

"The White Unicorn"

First thing we did was get some new wheels. The ones installed were Enkei Falcons, 17x7, running a new set of Dunlops. We found a set of BBS RCs 18s in prettyyy rough shape for $260. I had them repaired of curb rash and powder coated by a local vender I had a connection with in "bronze chrome."...
  16. B

"The White Unicorn"

May 2019 my husband and I purchased our "white unicorn" from a gentleman in northern NY. I know he browses the forum, but I do not know his username nor would I mention it, unless he'd like to chime in. We are the fourth owners of this car, by way of Missouri, North Carolina, and New York...
  17. B

Very true, probably the best option. What are your thoughts on having the turbo rebuilt? I'm not sure of the details on the tune, I wonder if I reach out to Kerma they would give me info.
  18. B

Purchased the "white unicorn" that's been floating around the forums for years about a month ago. If you search "2003 Bora highly modified" you'll find it. But here are the specs that are relevant to engine stuff: 2003 GLS TDI ALH, approx. 296k miles. VNT-17 turbo Boost valve PowerPlus 520...