Search results

1. G

clutch not functioning normally

This is sort of a long story, but the points of it have merit potentially. 1996 Passat tdi with 260k. I've had it for 60k. I'll try to make the story short: my brakes started working poorly Thursday afternoon, Friday morning they were worse, after I got to work on Friday I checked fluid level...
  2. G

Radiator pressure test

Has anyone cobbled up something to pressure test the radiator when its out of the car? B4v tdi. I have a phantom leak that I just found at the lower hose connection. I would like to figure out if its the radiator or if its the dog **** adapter setup. I have the radiator out of the car with...
  3. G

B4 leaking heater core

B4 leaking heater core, any other tasks?? Ok, so I’ve finally got the heater core side of the hvac out. Pulled the core. It had a little leak, not as much as I thought with how stinky and foggy it was making the windscreen. Really hope that is/was my problem. I assume it was. BUT! I’m in...
  4. G

b4v heater core, possibly leaking......

1996 Passat tdi wagon Just fixed a couple tiny hose leaks under the hood yesterday. Used a tool to pressurize the cooling system to find them. I ran it to 13 or 14 psi only. Haven't driven the car in about a month. Was really happy to start driving the thing again but now it smells like the...
  5. G

AC not accepting freon

So the ac doesn’t work for more than half a minute in my ‘96 b4v. The compressor kicks on and stays on. I can feel the air changing temps from the vents. Before the air really gets cold it warms back up. This happens when parked or at any vehicle speed. The high pressure line condensates in the...