Search results

1. R

ECM unit troubles

I have a 2001 1.9 TDI ALH Diesel in a sailboat. I am having troubles with the ecu unit I believe its in what is called locked or limp home mode. Anyone have any thoughts on what I can do or any contacts in south Florida Keys area that can help me.
  2. R

Alternator issues

I appreciate the information that does explain some of the issues. but I don't understand why it would have worked when i first bought the boat about a year ago. this blue wire has not been connected to anything. I have replaced the alternators and am sure they are good. What im trying to...
  3. R

Alternator issues

No these are not VAG motors marine engines they are regular car engines that were put into the boat to them to catamaran that’s what I’m probably having most of my issues with this
  4. R

Alternator issues

Hello I have two 2001 1.9 tdi engines in a sailing catamaran. I am have issues with the alternators. Neither seems to be producing power. I have and understand that the wiring is not as would be in a car. But i am trying to resolve some issues. I'm trying to determine if i have bad ecm...
  5. R

alh m-Tdi marinisation to match Mercruiser Gen1 drive

I’ll be back at the boat over Easter weekend so I get some pictures then I’ve traced through the cooling system cleaned heat exchanger it’s a large exchanger made for a blog block 8 on the big block but I saw that same problem No matter what I do. that’s what I was wondering if the flow of that...
  6. R

alh m-Tdi marinisation to match Mercruiser Gen1 drive

Tdi engines in a catamaran Good morning I’m new to this site and toVolkswagen Engines in general I have worked on many marine diesel engines varying sizes from alcove to Fairbanks to cummings to Detroit diesel so I have experience working with Diesel engines. I bought a catamaran with two...
  7. R

Marineized engines

Water pump Does anyone not have any information on the flow rate, gallons per minute of a 1.9 TDI ALH engine water pump.
  8. R

Marineized engines

Thanks Thanks bobnOH there some good info
  9. R

Marineized engines

Hello I’m new to this site so I may not be in the right area. I have two 2001 1.9 tdi alh engines in a catamaran. I was wondering if any one had any info on this subject. In particular issues with coolant flow from the engine through the raw water coolers. Does the engine water pump have the...
  10. R

Newbe

I joined this forums because I have two 2001 TDI ALH engines in a catamaran don’t have a vehicle I have a vessel it has been marinized and I’m just trying to get some information see if anyone else has this situation. And maybe get some tech tips on the engines.