Search results

1. D

cp4 Diverter Valve Question..

Hey all, it's been a while since i've posted in here. I currently have an Audi Q5 TDI with Bobby' Singh's turbo installed and all the supporting mods. I plan to keep this car for as long as I can. My biggest fear is having my cp4 die and having to replace the fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel...
  2. D

Steering Defective - Help

Just to recap on this... I replaced the entire steering rack and tie rods myself with a neighbor. Everything took about 2 hours. After install, drove the car to audi dealership and they coded it for me for a few hundred bucks. Buying the steering rack and doing the install myself saved a few grand.
  3. D

Steering Defective - Help

My Audi finally has its first issue that wasn't caused by me (I think..). I started up my car a few weeks ago and I heard three loud beeps and my dash said "STEERING DEFECTIVE DO NOT DRIVE VEHICLE". My steering feels normal when driving. Nothing has changed since I got the error message but i've...
  4. D

TCU tune, what's available?

You're welcome Cryrus! My exhaust is a 3" straight pipe with a ton of resonators on it to quiet it down. When those logs were taken, I was barely above sea level. I live ~400ft above sea level and those logs were taken just above sea level, probably within 100ft. My intercooler is the darkside...
  5. D

Thanks Cyrus - I love my Q5! It's not much lag at all. It just spools a tad later because of the larger setup. I really start to feel it pull hard around 2.3k rpms. Here is a dyno chart I made using VCDS and torque values the ECU put out. I translated the tq values from nm to ft/lbs and...
  6. D

I tuned my Q5 TDI Transmission with the DTUK tune. It was noticible for sure. My neighbor also told me he noticed a huge difference when driving my car before and after. I also have a bigger turbo, malone tune, and some drive train inserts which help clean up the slop. With the drive train...
  7. D

Q5 TDI Engine Code CPNB Build Thread

Hey Pittdawg, did you notice anything with Darkside's CP4.2 metering valve? I'm still on the fence about installing mine.. my car is running great right now and I don't wanna piss off the German Auto Gods by tinkering with the fuel system to gain a negligible amount of power and receive a...
  8. D

Has anyone pushed the limit of the 3.0 tdi?

Haha yeah I don’t know man. I have some torque logs via VAGCOM but they’re all arbitrary numbers generated by the ECU but the numbers are relative to one another.. so that means the progression and change in numbers is accurate, but the actual output may not. I plugged all the TQ numbers...
  9. D

Stanadyne diesel additive

I just thought I’d drop this link here. I hope this video helps to shed some light on diesel additives. The first 9min and 10sec are tests (with results) with certain diesel additives comparing lubrication, anti-corrosion, and anti-gel.
  10. D

Deeds' Q5 TDI Ownership Log

Just an update, a couple thousand miles on the new injectors and no CEL. Everything is running great :)
  11. D

Has anyone pushed the limit of the 3.0 tdi?

I’m nowhere near pushing the 3.0 to it’s limit but I have Bobby’s hybrid turbo setup and a custom Malone Tune on my Q5 with all the supporting mods, TCU Tune, drivetrain inserts, Darkside Intercooler, 3” to 2.5” dual exhaust. My Q5 TDI will run 0-60 @ 4.6sec with a good launch and another person...
  12. D

Just to update - My neighbor and I took out all of my injectors, plugged the injector holes with ear plugs that I put down there with some long forceps, cleaned the injector seats really well, decided to buy all 6 new injectors while I was replacing one (just to get ahead of any future...
  13. D

Sold- 2016 A6 Prestige - Ownership Log

That's awesome! Congrats on the twins man! I can't see the photo you posted above. What's your asking price for the A6?
  14. D

Help: My Fuel Return Line LEAKS...

Sounds awesome and glad you fixed it. Do you have any pics of the repair?
  15. D

Exactly that. It helped a ton within the 1700-2100 rpm range. You’re saying our cars are quiet when they’re straight piped?! I had to have done something wrong with my straight pipe then because it’s loud as hell. Maybe I have some unnecessary bends in the pipe or when the single pipe Y’s off to...
  16. D

Whoops. I meant side branch resonator. I have no idea why I put branch chain. Yes- it’s on the exhaust and killed a ton of drone. I’d post a picture but it seems this website has made it super difficult to attach pics now
  17. D

I haven’t used an injector cleaner but I’ve always used Stanadyne diesel additive in the past and then I switched to Optilube XPD the same time I changed out the turbo.. and also added a branch chain resonator shortly after to kill a ton of drone. Sooo I inadvertently tossed in a couple extra...
  18. D

I honestly haven’t had anytime to take the injectors out and clean them. It’s been running completely fine though and I haven’t had any further issues and that issue hasn’t worsened. I have all the tools and the replacement parts in my garage so I think my buddy and I might take a stab at it...
  19. D

You two^^^ No more bickering. Just help my solve the codes my engine is throwing: injector balance/fault contribution for injectors 2 and 6.
  20. D

I haven’t installed the metering valve yet! I’m working through a few quirks right now- I keep getting an injector balance/fault contribution code for two of my injectors. The code is sporadic and intermittent and when I do throw the code, it has always been around ~1500rpm. I haven’t noticed...