Search results

1. P

TCC Lockup issues, lots done.

Thanks Oilhammer. Brad had good things to say about you. :) One thing that crossed my mind, would trans slip cause the TCC code to show? The TC would unlock today when input/output speed differential (torque converter slip) is like 250-300/min. Looks like the input sensor is on the pump, and...
  2. P

TCC Lockup issues, lots done.

Hey all, I got this car from a friend that's been on here awhile. 2005 Wagon. P0741 code. It's had two converters in in, one aftermarket, one supposed OEM from a dealer. Engine has stage 2 tune (I believe). I got it knowing it throws codes and lockup not working. I threw a new lockup solenoid...
  3. P

Need to remove carpet

First VW, need to pull the carpet to clean. Do the panels snap in/out like other cars? My Fords snap apart real easy. The rear lower sill panel doesn't seem to want to go. Thanks for the input! Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  4. P

What hazards should I know about a 2014 TDI SportWagen?

I paid 11.5k for my 2013 with 6speed manual and 44k miles, black on black with 17s and pano roof. No nav though.
  5. P

AWD manual trans

So he adapted the TDI to an R32 trans I'm guessing? I wonder how different the trans gearing is.
  6. P

AWD manual trans

Are there any US (or even Canada) applications that have the TDI, AWD, and 6speed manual? Wanting to swap the Jetta to an AWD, I think that's the missing piece if I can source one. THanks!
  7. P

Options for mud guards on JSW?

Probably better off using some thicker walled plastic or aluminum pipe for the spacers. I used what I could find, and didn't want to make a trip to the hardware store. :) Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  8. P

It's a pretty stiff plastic. Flexes, but are pretty stiff. Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
  9. P

Yes, the fronts bolts up just fine. The rear innder fender sits a lot deeper than the flat plastic spacers they include. I just cut pieces of PEX tubing, about 1 inch long for the lower and mayby 0.5 inch for the upper. Had to drill one new lower hole.
  10. P

Fuel filter w/o vag com

Finally found info on it. From Kerma: TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE 1 or 2-Hole Fuel filter, the easiest method is to look at the fuel filter housing located right ahead of the washer fill. If the part number on the housing ends in 400F you have the Early 2-hole filter. If the part number ends in...
  11. P

Fuel filter w/o vag com

At 45k miles, new car to me, going to change the fuel filter. Looking up the part numbers on RockAuto, I get this: WIX 33037 To Chassis # 1K6834878 WIX 33832 From Chassis # 1K6834879 ANd can't find a chassis number, in the VIN or on the sticker in the wheelwell. Must have been a mid year...
  12. P

I bought the RockBLokz for my 2013 JSW. I took a chance, the application doesn't specify Sportwagen, just the Jetta. Sure enough, the rear flaps were wrong. They came with insructions for 11-14 and 15+. Neither matched. I had to make my own spacers (used PEX) and drill a lower hole. Wasn't...
  13. P

Fuel pump whine?

New to me 2013 Sportwagen, 44k miles. It has what I assume is the HPFP whining, will whine for a bit even after shutoff. I've heard of fuel pump issues with these cars. This normal for VW TDI? FWIW< my 6.0 Ford diesel whines like hell, always has though.
  14. P

No MPG?

My 2013 resets the 1st average reading after sitting a while. The 2nd reading appears to be "life" average.
  15. P

Lift for TDI Sportwagen (for oversize tires)

I'm just planning on stock. Both the snow tires and summer wheels. Just need some belly and bumper height.
  16. P

That's good to know. I didn't glean that out from the info. Thanks!
  17. P

On reading about the strut top-out issue, would be be easiest to just get a set of front Tiquan struts to go with the front springs?
  18. P

2013 PCM change?

Well yes, both. With a stock computer myself or the dealership will have an easier time diagnosing anything. Do you know how to program the immobilizer, or just want to make sure my intentions are pure? :)