Search results

1. I3arruka

brakes

It's hard to get used to brakes lasting that long. Every time I switch from winter to summer to winter tires I expect that the rotors and pads will need to be replaced just because it's been 30k and 3/4 yrs since I've had the car (bought with 32k on it and doubt they were replaced then). But no...
  2. I3arruka

Do titanium bumper screws exist for any VW?

All good solutions, Might go silicone grease route (love learning tips and tricks like that). I don't know what size those undercarriage plastic shield screws are. I'm open to stainless steel too and am probably going to end up getting new OEM again.
  3. I3arruka

Looking for competent TDI mechanic in Chicago area

Anyone look into walnut blasting for carbon build up in the Chicagoland area?
  4. I3arruka

2021 TDIFest Discusion Thread

I'd be down to meet, it's been a while since I've been at a meet for any car (even w/o Covid)
  5. I3arruka

What did you do to your MK7 today?

Today I bought a short shifter from local former TDI owner, and a cubby organized for just above the spare wheel and below the carpet.
  6. I3arruka

Do titanium bumper screws exist for any VW?

Hey Everyone, So I live in Chicago and don't want to deal with rusty screws anymore with the plastic under shield and wheel wells. I've done online and searches here and I can't imagine I'm the first one to think or ask about this. Has anyone ever come across titanium screws for VW's period...
  7. I3arruka

Can I tow with my 2015 Golf TDI?

Little late, though here are the specs from Top Gear: Max. Roof Load 75kg (165lb) Max. Towing Weight - Braked 1,600kg (3,526lb) Max. Towing Weight - Unbraked 680kg (1,499lb)
  8. I3arruka

Chicago 2009 TDI Owners: Non-Biodiesel Support Group

Thanks for the list! These are the only 2 stations I know of in Chicago on the Northside: 1. BP - Clybourn, Ashland, Fullerton Triangle 2. 1607 W. Fullerton, Chicago, IL 3. Type of Fuel - D2 4. How Non-Bio Content Verified - Owner (he humble bragged) + Specific signage stating "Diesel #2" 1...
  9. I3arruka

RNS510 Firmware and Navigation maps

Does this update media player so I can use the arrows on my steering wheel to change songs on Spotify? (MK7 Golf TDI)
  10. I3arruka

Battery issue 2015 Golf TDI

I upgraded to a AGM battery, and got a bigger size too. My car does not have auto stop/start feature so it was just snug plug n play. There is some coding you'll need to do if you have fancier models or later years...
  11. I3arruka

Golf TDI sensors not working

Sorry this happened, I didn't know there were porcupines in MN. I would start by lifting the car to see where the impact was and if any wiring was messed up, particularly where the plastic lining does not cover. Look for where the temp is and follow the wire back to see if it's a wiring...
  12. I3arruka

Scam Alert: Allan walker

Sucks, sorry man
  13. I3arruka

Aftermarket Lighting Question (signal style/coding)

adjat84th: I think I will take you up on that if by then I haven't done anything. Haven't been to any meet in a LONG time (back in the day 6th Gen Celica). Nuje: Sigh* Yeah I know...This TDI is the most techy car I've had and coding seems to be real common place for VW owners in general VS an...
  14. I3arruka

Thanks for all the input! adjat84th: Those are really nice lights, I go back and forth between those lights and the cheaper ones. It's hard to decide if its $150 more worth it you know? I'm a complete noob when it comes to coding and was considering getting the OBDeleven for being able just...
  15. I3arruka

So I've been eyeing a new set of taillights and have a few questions. I want this style/coding for turn signals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=layiwsIq1mk&list=PLBLInoFm7gUZRjb8KRRPKuJilQmuQl1F2&index=14&t=0s on this type of tail light...