Search results

1. A

Lowering vw touran

Think of lowering my car by changing the coil spring Now I wonder if its possible to use vw golf mk5 or diffrent vw to do the job as I see someone used mk6 springs to lower the front of touran and it looks real good Any advice or info would be useful thank u Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  2. A

Oil leak

Shock absorber and break and light and screen wiper are highest reason to fail the mot if they not in working order so its best to make sure they are working fine b4 taking the car for mot Engine oil leak is something u can can drive the car without any harm calls to other road user as long as...
  3. A

Oil leak

No it hasn't fail the mot the guy didn't even noticed it but I did and took some pic if he does notice it goes as an advisery in mot certificate lol Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  4. A

Camshaft replacement

Hello mate Managed to start the car as good as b4 I want to apply some treadlock on tensioner bolt isit possible to do it by undo the bolt and apply or it going to loose its tension and need to be time again will this possible without remove the engine mount? Sent from my CLT-L09 using...
  5. A

Camshaft replacement

I just been and when I turn the key 1 turn I can hear the noise from the rear for like 2 second so I think the fuel pump in tank does works Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  6. A

Camshaft replacement

My car is 1.9tdi touran 2009 7seater isit going to be under 2 rear seat or I best to look at service manual Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  7. A

Camshaft replacement

Car was fire up the first turn no issue at all till the camshaft and lifter start make the noise the first lifter has a hole in and worn on first lobe!!only bad1 the rest only spider web on lifter but cam fine Always used 5w 30 high quality oil and service on time but this happened on 132k...
  8. A

Camshaft replacement

Is there anyway I can check that with vcds while engine not starting The crank sound normal no funny noise or bang or anything like that.. Is there anyway I damage the engine as I'm first timer? I going to charge the battry over night as the charge gone.,I did it for 7 to 8 time with no luck ...
  9. A

Camshaft replacement

Hi again yesterday install camshaft and do everything follow the instructions then today replace the cambelt and done everything correct as I know check the Tdc on crank and camshaft and lock them okay then unlock and do two full turn the engine with crank and check the Tdc and both did lock...
  10. A

Camshaft replacement

Do u know where can I get bolts Or I have to order similar bolts Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  11. A

Camshaft replacement

It has 2 big and 2 small bolts and it has only 1 torgue settings in the Haynes vw manual book!!! Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  12. A

Camshaft replacement

Hi thank u I follow up the instruction and fit new cam and lifter and bearing shell plus new bolts and I remove the tandem pump to replace the gasket witch I did but unfortunately when I torque the one of the small bolts broke I follow the torgue witch was 20nm as it was in a book it has 2 big...
  13. A

How to prime the lifter b4 camshaft installation

Does it nessesury to prime the lifter and how Or it does prime itself after running the engine I see some video the mechanic just took them out of the pack witch had oil in it and add more oil and install the lifter Can any1 advice please ASAP Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  14. A

Camshaft replacement

It's a same noise as manifold leak but the funny thing is It can be heard from air filter intake.... And very loudly if dismount the thick rubber pipe from egr valve! How hard isit to torque the manifold bolts can it be done from the top or need to reach from underneath I saw the black oil...
  15. A

Camshaft replacement

And why do I get the noise sometime very clear and sometime very less sound like exhaust leak mostly louder in cold morning and less power but if is warmer day very less noise and no loss of power Fire up with first start all the time and no smoke but mechanic reckon its the bad camshaft lifter...
  16. A

Camshaft replacement

thank u for info
  17. A

Camshaft replacement

Thanks my engine is bxe... Do they are different as it looks the same the1 in video? Another question while belts off and turn the crank quarter turn ccw to do injector adjustment by turning the cam with hub.. Does tandom pump have to fitted b4 adjustment or can fitted after the adjust the...
  18. A

Camshaft replacement

Correct me if I am wrong Place the crank on Tdc lock it Take the belt off then Remove the crank lock Then turn the crank counterclockwise quarter turn... While the belts off Or set the crank and camshaft into Tdc then turn the crank quarter turn counterclockwise so the position of the crank and...
  19. A

Camshaft replacement

I going to replace cambelt and waterpump along camshaft the question is do I have to do the camshaft first then put new belt or do the belt fist then then camshaft or it doesn't matter Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  20. A

Camshaft replacement

Hi thank u does this work for any 1.9tdi engine? Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk