Search results

1. S

Yet Another ALH No Start Condition

I picked up a 2003 ALH and don't have much history on it. It appears to have sat for a while. I started here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=199398 And followed the link specific to my conditions: You turn the key to start and you get the lights, etc AND the engine turns...
  2. S

Replaced Turbo now a ton a white smoke

Unfortunately, I don't have VCDS. I blew the turbo some 6 months ago after an oil pump failure and it's been sitting since. The oil was also gunked up pretty bad. I have fired it up a couple of times for a minute or two and have never seen anything like the smoke that is coming out of it now...
  3. S

Oil light, Stalls, Sludge in Oil Pan

2005 PD BEW 350,000+ kms Running fine when the oil light came on. Instantly lost power and stalled 30 seconds later. Grinding sound from turbo area after briefly re-starting attempt. Towed it home. Removed oil pan which showed a ton of sludge. No visible metal shavings inside oil pan area...
  4. S

2005 TDI BEW PD Fuel Temp Sensor Location?

Do I have the correct sensor (see image below with red arrow). I connects to the return fuel line. I'm attempting the fuel temp resistance mod. If I do have the correct sensor does anyone know which wire I need to cut into to add my resistance? The original mod post...
  5. S

My TDI BEW PD WVO Conversion Approach

Note: Skip to Process (below) if you just want to hear my intentions on the conversion. The vehicle in question is a 2005 VW TDI BEW PD Jetta Wagon. Abstract: I've been running on WVO for years with older 1.6 TD's and 1.6 NA motors. I'm very familiar with the processes involved and have...