Search results

1. J

Sold: 15 GSW SE package Seattle

2015 Golf Sportwagen SE package. DSG. 123,500 miles. Kerma tuned with loader. Emissions intact. All maintenance work has been done. T-belt, and all rotating parts, serpentine belt, DSG serviced, front brakes just replaced. New Michelin tires from Costco at the beginning of winter. Needs nothing...
  2. J

HP tuners for DSG?

I have hp tuners for 2 other vehicles in my fleet, been viewing the hp tuners form, and it seems that the DSG can be tuned by that system. Does anyone have carnal knowledge about this? It’s a mqb chassis mk7 with the 2.0 tdi. If so, who can write a tune for me, if I can extract?
  3. J

WTB: Q5 tdi, greater Seattle area

Wife is looking at Q5 tdi, hoping to get one that’s been properly serviced and such. Willing to travel as far as Portland south, or Spokane west from the greater Seattle area. Also if anyone has good or bad experiences with businesses that they purchased from, and thoughts on the q5. We are well...
  4. J

KESSY problem/fault

Our 15 wagon is having an issue with the kessy remote unlock. Touching the drivers door handle doesn’t unlock the car, nor lock the car. Inside, the MFI gives a keyless fault. VCDS-Mobile scan shows a B116f fault code for antenna open circuit. All I could find online is in the Phaeton forums...
  5. J

Oil leaking from PCV inlet into turbo

Just put in a new Xman turbo in my sons car, cleaned the intake, and all of the area around it. It was wet from oil leaks. After about 200 miles went to check everything out underneath. And found that the inlet side of the turbocharger plastic pipe is dripping a small amount of oil. I believe...
  6. J

Air in fuel return BRM, no start.

How much air in the fuel return line is an acceptable amount? I’m getting small bubbles with a fluid extractor attachment. Generally small ones. At first there was a lot. Now not so much. I have a 06 BRM Jetta that refuses to start after significant engine work. Tandem pump removal, engine...
  7. J

South Bend Clutch ID help.

I picked up a used engine for our BRM, and it has a South Bend Clutch in it. Looks in decent shape. It’s a SMF, looking to ID what stage it is and does South Bend rebuild them for a lower than new price? It has a red pressure plate and blue sticker Dyna Max DxD. It has Sach parts TYP...
  8. J

DSG interchange HQN + HXU and what else?

Our 06 BRM Jetta is getting sloppy in the shifting department when cold, and needs a DMF due to rattle. And has over 290K with a shady maintenance past. Searching the internet for other model #'s that interchange with the HQN and HXU. I do know that TDI's are geared differently, and that needs...
  9. J

Sunroof drains. I was warned. Got bit.

A couple of weeks ago our 15 wagon suffered the dreaded water on the drivers floorboard. Battery was almost completely dead, just enough to unlock the car. When I opened the door, there was several warnings on the indicator panel, water puddle on the monster mat. Ideas ran rampant in my mind...
  10. J

DSG clutch pack shuddering

My BRM with the DSG has the DMF rattle. We purchased it with 275k on it, and it needed a cam, and teh associated services. I changed the DSG fluid, performed a relearn of the shifting via VCDS. The car is slow to respond to reverse and first gear when cold. IE have to give it about 1500 rpms...
  11. J

Car stalled, no start, P1850

Greetings folks, My 06 Jetta with BRM, and DSG stalled / shut off the other day while driving. Engine cranks over, fuses all good, glow plug coil light doesn't come on. So a VCDS scan reveals. Chassis Type: 1J - VW Golf/Bora IV (1998 > 2006) Scan: 01 02 03 08 15 16 17 19 22 29 35 36 37 39 46 47...