Search results

1. R

Any Experience With Snow Chains for Jetta?

your question is great! 1) besides the driveway, how are the roads? Let’s say that the roads are never an issue, I’d just park at the end of the driveway and walk the rest. Obviously some all-season tires are still important. 2) if the roads besides the driveway are crap as well, get a spare...
  2. R

Noise after new TB, DPF delete, Stage 2 tune

LOL The only noise that stuck out to me was your turn signal. People around here don't know what they are or how to use them. LOL
  3. R

What type of struts are good?

Removing the assembly is straight forward, but separating the strut from the coil is not as as straight forward and could be dangerous if not done right. Based on your question I would highly suggest doing one of two things: 1) have someone there in-person, with the right tools, to help change...
  4. R

Rear wiper spray nozzle

Okay, I can do that. I might start by getting my hands on a nozzle first and seeing if it'll just work that way. For now until I can do that this is kinda fun for tailgaters
  5. R

Rear wiper spray nozzle

I know this is old, but do you have a write-up or link to this?
  6. R

Given what we/you know about the MK6 Jetta Sportwagen.. would you still buy one?

90% might be optimistic, but you're right: appropriate tires will make a difference. The other factor is the realistic confidence of the driver. How many "capable" vehicles do you see getting stuck because of a driver error? While my trips to the school parking lot in winter to d!ck around in...
  7. R

Given what we/you know about the MK6 Jetta Sportwagen.. would you still buy one?

I can't afford to replace/upgrade my shocks let alone do a 6M swap LOL. But being in the PNW with snow and ice the Quattro would be nice to have.
  8. R

I love my 11 JSW, Pano, 6M, but I would have held out for an A3 Quattro.
  9. R

Dieselgate warranty is awesome!

I had my 11 JSW repaired under the warranty last year: 4 times. I calculate about 10k worth of repairs, all at no cost to me other than riding my bike to and from the dealer. Other than one ride when (unknown to me) there was a tornado watch, I love riding my bikes so there was no loss there.
  10. R

2011 sportwagen. New to me. How to tell if Deleted? NH faIL for Readiness

Sorry to have derailed your post LOL. We're excited for the 14th Doctor!
  11. R

Looking for Creative Storage Options

I think your question should be defined a little clearer. What are you trying to store? How easily accessible should it be?
  12. R

My MK6 ramblings _ Project Thread

For your receiver: I have an Ecohitch on my 11 JSW which is a class III rated at 300# tongue weight. Looks like the model for the Golf is even beefier: https://torkliftcentral.com/select-ecohitch-style?vid=5354 S1PNDZL: I'm trying to sound it out, but it's escaping me: What's it say? And...
  13. R

2011 sportwagen. New to me. How to tell if Deleted? NH faIL for Readiness

I wonder if this is lost on people LOL. Especially going back to Amy Pond!
  14. R

2011 Sportwagen Water in Floorboards

A few winters ago I kept having to dry out my 11 JSW with pano roof, because the windows were always fogged up in the morning. After a few weeks of this, on a whim, I decided to remove some interior pieces to find that my spare tire had drowned, or rather, was drowning. The water had filled up...
  15. R

Big Rear Brakes? 2012 Jetta

None taken. I think when it really comes down to it it would be interesting to have a bunch of similar/same cars with different biases and brake sizes set up. The 4Runner forum I belong to people are always talking about bigger and bigger brakes, however that isn't always an improvement. On...
  16. R

Great explanation and I do understand, but like many things, getting onto a track to actually put it into actions will actually make it make sense. How many armchair racers are out there and the explanation doesn't mean much to 99% of drivers. Removing brake bias, or changing it, isn't for the...
  17. R

I wouldn't do a rear only upgrade as it'll throw off the dynamics of the car and would be more likely to, if you're in a turn and hit the brakes, cause you to oversteer (especially with weight in the back. Upgrade all around if you need better braking but you want to be biased towards the front...
  18. R

What is Handling?

While it is time for a shock update/refresh there's one item that's not brought up and that no matter how much suspension tuning, engine tuning, and aerodynamics you put on your car, no matter what car, if you're not a driver that feels their car than you'll never get better handling no matter...
  19. R

Cjaa trailer wiring

Having done hitch and wire installs in the JSW there is indeed no plug and play and will need to be spliced. Regrettably I don't have access to the notes any more but we used Curt Manufacturing kits.
  20. R

Bonus Mystery Screws and a missing courtesy light

Technically speaking the two items you're looking at are bolts, not screws. The single item on the right is a screw. I only call that out in-case you have to get replacements you want to ask for the right parts. Did you have the splash guard off the car? Those two bolts, to me, look like the...