Search results

1. A

2015 Golf 7 TDI Grey color Left front door needed.

Hello all, I am after "Used" driver side front door for my 2015 Golf 7 TDI Grey color. It seems like TDI uses thicker glass than the gasoline Golf, so I guess the door is different. But not sure. If anyone come across , please let me know. Or can suggest any place/website to look for. Can be...
  2. A

Dreaded Clock Spring failure on my 2015 Golf TDI

Hi all, Looks like clock spring on my 2015 Golf TDI (Canadian model) with 80k kms has failed. I am hearing weird noise while turning the steering wheel and none of the buttons on steering wheel are working and Airbag and transmission error. I called dealer and they said no recall for clock...
  3. A

How long its takes for the engine to reach operating temp normally?

How long its takes for your MK7 EA28 TDI engine to reach operating temp normally? Hi all, Could you please guys note the approx time your MK7 Ea288 TDI engine is taking to reach the needle to 90deg C? Please include ambient temp too. I am suspecting some problem with my car.Its taking ~20 mins...
  4. A

Coolant temp not rising above 71°C?

Hi all, I noticed my coolant temp needle never got to its normal position even after my 25 min drive.Outside temp was -8 °C (17.6 °F).My cabin heat dial was at 2 o'clock position and cabin fan was at no.2 speed during the commute. I also used torque app to double check the temp...
  5. A

DIY oil change Warranty question.

Hi folks, My first oil change is coming up and i don't want to take it to the dealer for oil change.Wondering if it will be an issue with the warranty if i buy oil and filter from the dealer and change it myself?Thanks
  6. A

High idle when its cold.

I noticed few times,when its quite cold (-2 ~0 deg Celsius),engine idles at around 1050~1100 rpms even after coolant temp gets close to normal temp.It doesn't do all the time but have noticed quite a few times. My first thought was car going through regen but that's not the case.I checked...
  7. A

Weird DPF regen algorithm captured by VAGDPF app.

I was monitoring my DPF just before leaving work and it's soot level was almost close to 24g(thats the max limit when ECU triggers regen).As expected,regen stsrted as soon as soot level reached 24g.I got home while regen was happening and soot level came down only to 17.93g and had to shut down...
  8. A

Found a nice app to monitor DPF.

Hi folks, Just would like to share my find of really nice app for monitoring DPF.Its called VAG DPF.There are two versions.One is free and other one monitor.Not sure if its available for IOS. Here is the screenshot
  9. A

Safety Shut-Off due to Occupant Detection Fault!!

Hi, I am getting this fault on my new 2015 Golf TDI.Code comes back soon after clearing it.Car has only 3200 miles(5100 kms) on the odo and still under warranty.Thing is both heated seats are working fine but controller is still throwing the code.Don't want to take it to the dealer unnecessary...
  10. A

PID for Torque pro to get commanded EGR rate on golf7 TDI

Hello, Looking to get the commanded EGR rate by the ECU on my 2015 golf & TDI. I tried default sensors but it doesn't show anything on the EGR rate.Same sensor entry works on my BMW X5 diesel. Does anybody know how can i make egr rate display work using Torque pro.Thanks
  11. A

Flimpsy sun visors of 2015 golf TDI

Hi friends, I noticed that sun visors on my month old 2015 Golf TDI are really fragile.They are just pushed into the body metal with interior trim clips. Today one of my friend tried to deploy the visor and it just popped out from the ceiling.I then popped it back in but i noticed that there is...
  12. A

How to check total no. of regenerations using vcds?

How to check total no. of DPF regenerations using vcds? Hi friends, Wondering if there is any way to check the total no. of regenerations done on the filter so far using VCDS on my 2015 Golf TDI with 2800 kms(1700 miles) on the odo? I tried using advanced measurements on the ECU but couldn't...
  13. A

Little shudder at low rpms

Hi folks, I have noticed that engine shudders(kind of vibrates) a little at low rpms in high gears on my brand new(old stock) 2015 golf TDI with DSG automatic.It has only 900 kms(560 miles) on the odo now. Its like when you are accelerating normally and when DSG up shifts and engine rpm drops...
  14. A

Should i buy new 2015 golf TDI or should i wait for buybacks?

Hi folks, Need a suggestion.I am thinking to buy 2015 Golf TDI (brand new but 2015 stock) with $5000 off from the stcker price with 0% financing for 5 years. But another though coming to my mind is to wait and get a used buyback from VW?Does it make sense?Would buying a used buyback be a better...
  15. A

Should i buy new 2015 golf TDI or should i wait for buybacks?

Hi folks, Need a suggestion.I am thinking to buy 2015 Golf TDI (brand new but 2015 stock) with $5000 off from the stcker price with 0% financing for 5 years. But another though coming to my mind is to wait and get a used buyback from VW?Does it make sense?Would buying a used buyback be a better...
  16. A

Provent holder custom CNC machined

Price $150US shipped I had this custom aluminum CNC machined provent holder installed in my jetta.This helped my intake clean and it was all tucked under the engine cover.I took it out before selling my car and its on sale now.I paid over 200$ for it.i designed it myself on my CAD software and...
  17. A

Timing belt kit 100K version ALH

SOLD!! Timing belt kit 100K version ALH SOLD........../Someone is coming to pick the timing belt kit locally.will update the status.But metalnerd tool kit is still available.thanks everybody for your interest.
  18. A

Metalnerd Timing Belt Tool kit in near new condition

SOLD!!!Metalnerd Timing Belt Tool kit in near new condition 170$ shipped SOLD!!! I have Metalnerd Timing Belt Tool kit in excellent condition.I sold my car and its up for sale.$170 US shipped.
  19. A

Timming belt kit full including metalerd tool & Brake parts for ALH 2002 jetta

Timming belt kit full including metalnerd tool & Brake parts for ALH 2002 jetta Someone is coming to pick the timing belt kit locally.will update the status.But metalnerd tool kit is still available.thanks everybody for your interest.
  20. A

Wanted Metalnerd ALH Timing Belt Tool Set

I am looking for a used (but in good condition) Metalnerd ALH Timing Belt Tool Set to do timing belt job on my ALH engine..If anyone has it for sale,please email me at amitsekhon@gmail.com Thanks