Search results

1. TDI321

Strut brand recommendations, likes, dislikes

our 2015 diesel gate TDI Passat is only 68K and Im wanting to replace those diesel gate arctic-impounded OEM struts. The $75/strut full-assembly is tempting, but I was unhappy with the resulting ride on my 02 trans am. I see the Kona Active and Billstein B4/6/8 options -- im asking the...
  2. TDI321

Upgrade 2015 to Billsteins

I’m not happy with the Sachs factory struts on our 2015 TDI SEL. weak at 11K, now 30K. Sitting for 2 years in compound was not healthy to them. Anyhow, I’m seeking your input into the follow Billstein units for this B7-NMS sedan: B6 Mfg Part # 35-122081 Sport strut. Rod is nearly the...
  3. TDI321

Refinish your own clearcoat aluminum rims !

Here is a crazy one: REFINISH YOUR OWN WHEELS ! if you have the clear-coated aluminum rim with scrapes and oxidation you can actually refinish all 4 for less than $60 and 2-4 hours of time. what you need: quart of Walmart paint stripper, 2" plastic scraper, 3M masks, rubber gloves, goggles...
  4. TDI321

LED in DRL 7443 socket - canbus error

Got 2 amazon LED bulbs that claimed to be canbus-error free. not. Got the yellow bulb idiot light on so I removed it. I dont think the bulb even came on. This is a USA spec 2015 TDI prem SEL. So - I will not cut into harness with ballast — as ballast temp goes over 220F usually. Is...
  5. TDI321

Have on-line parts stores de-listed the TDI ?

Searching for CV joints and a lower control arm — im finding absolute chaos OR a blank catalog section for the gen3 TDI passat DSG. Now, looking at the dealer VW catalog they say the axle CV is common to the beetle and other models: Beetle. Passat. 3.6L. 2.0l tdi. 2.0L, diesel, auto trans...
  6. TDI321

Gen 3 TDI 162K extended warranty book that came with my buyback car

This VW book was in the dash of the lease-buyback passat that we bought 3 days ago. it explains what they did to fix the emissions and also how VW stands behind it. Oddly, they ALMOST apologize on the last page - but instead state they have "understandably eroded the trust that we have worked...
  7. TDI321

Sept. 1 2018 website deadline for buyback filing

I just bought a 2015 gen3 TDI VW 'refurb' unit with a title marked "MFG BUYBACK" from a DG lease buyout and I've researched the settlement a bit more. The good news is they are slowly being fixed and sold back into the market at a big discount -- and a 162K emissions warranty that covers...
  8. TDI321

bought a DG lease buyout, refurb, 12K mi

My 2015 TDI SEL with only 12K miles ! was a dieselgate lease return with 2 recall updates.. only issue so far is minor rash on rim edge. getting crazy mpg. 162K, 11 year warranty !!! had no chips in paint or glass. basically a new car with a 2.5 year political impound. Gen3 2.0T, auto...