Search results

1. Q

BHW manual swap to keep or delete BSM

According to the receipts from the previous owner mine should have around 100k on the geared BSM.
  2. Q

BHW manual swap to keep or delete BSM

Currently manual swapping my 04 Passat wagon. I was originally going to delete the BSM but today I found that I have a gear driven BSM instead of a chain driven. I was hoping to get some input from other members that have manual swapped.
  3. Q

CA Smog FAIL after 5spd swap/tune

Ok, thanks
  4. Q

CA Smog FAIL after 5spd swap/tune

I know it’s been a few years but did you ever get it smogged? I’m looking into doing a manual swap and I’m in California also.
  5. Q

Need Help with 2004 passat TDI

I got them from cascadegerman.com
  6. Q

Put a new set of injectors in and it’s running great.
  7. Q

PD injector question.

Can anyone tell me the diffence between 038130079PX injectors and 038130079NX injectors?
  8. Q

Previous injector stabilization reading Injector quantity cylinder 1 2.99 mg/str Injector quantity cylinder 2 2.99 mg/str Injector quantity cylinder 3 -3.01 mg/str Injector quantity cylinder 4 -3.01 mg/str Swapped injector 2 & 3 and took a new reading. Injector quantity cylinder 1 2.99 mg/str...
  9. Q

nitec, Like i stated earlier, i am getting pulse to all injectors and one of the first things i did was crimp the injector plugs tight to make sure they were making connection.
  10. Q

Oilhammer, i believe its injectors. When i had the valve cover off there wasn't any noticeable wear on the cam or lifters. I also did a compression test and all for cylinder came back within about 10-15 psi of each other. I was going to see about swapping two of the injectors and see if it...
  11. Q

It’s seems to be running on all four, 1&2 are just not making any power. The ECU is not detecting a misfire either. I ran diesel purge thru it and it will barely idle in drive now, which it wouldn’t before. Windex I bought the car about a month ago not running, so it could have had a decline...
  12. Q

Checked compression, all four cylinder were good. Checked wiring, couldn’t find any issues. Going to do a diesel purge on it and see if it gives me any improvements. I’m pretty sure it’s injectors at this point.
  13. Q

I pulled the valve cover again to take a closer look at the cam, it doesn't show any wear. I'm getting a compression tester tonight so can do a compression test tomorrow. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bye-Ar8Wpn47TUlEdkYxeFhnVUkwb3AtUmVlTEFzSHlMSnpz/view?usp=sharing...
  14. Q

Got the tank emptied and filled up with diesel, purged the fuel lines and its still running rough and stalling when put in gear. Checked the intake regulator flap as DeliveryValve said to, its open. Oilhammer i didn't see an idle compensation, i did see an idle stabilization though. Readings...
  15. Q

Someone told me to check the fuel return line flow rate to make sure the pump is moving enough fuel. When checks my the fuel that Pumped out of the return I found that it has gasoline mixed with it. So this weekend I’m draining the tank, flushing the lines and changing the fuel filter again...
  16. Q

oilhammer, i will check that tonight. Thanks DeliveryValve, i will check that also.
  17. Q

When i got the car it wouldn't start and it had a constant code for injection circuit failure. I checked at the injector plugs and wasn't getting any signal to the injectors. I checked the wire loom and it was fine, so i swapped the ecu and i got the car started. So far i have changed the fuel...
  18. Q

I don’t think it’s the camshaft because it looks fine and the previous owner said it just stopped running on him while they where driving. It wasn’t a slow decline in performance.
  19. Q

Hello, i have a 2004 passat tdi 2.0L BHW that i bought not running. It has 150,000 miles on it and it has been serviced regularly. The previous own said they where driving it one day and it just shut off. I change the ecu and it starts now, but idles very rough, almost like it is missing, and...