Search results

1. K

Torque inverter seal question

Hi all, I am trying to discern if an old torque converter can be re-used. It was working well before I pulled it out of a donor powertrain, but it looks like the seal inside that mates against the input shaft might be deformed. Is it supposed to be like that? Little hard to see in the photos...
  2. K

BHW: Excessive cam wear?

Hey all, I have a 2005 Passat TDI with a 5spd manual swap. I've owned the car for about a year now. Car has been running decent for ~15k mi, only recently had a major issue out of it. The symptom was a thumping sound coming from the intake. Looked around on the forum and the consensus was a...
  3. K

Parting out 2005 Passat TDI

Silver GLS, Light grey faux leather interior. Most front end cosmetic parts are removed, but doors, trunk, interior, engine, etc. are in good condition and available. Car body has 225k miles, engine has ~300k miles. Engine/tans is already out and on pallet. Engine was running very strong until...
  4. K

Turbomaster VNT17 Failure

I have just recently replaced the turbo on one of my cars (2005 Passat TDI/Garrett VNT17). At the time of failure it was only about 2000 miles old. The turbo failed due to a completely stuck VNT actuator - cartridge is fine. The lever wouldn't move more than an eighth of an inch. I originally...