Search results

1. R

which oil to use in a 2001 MK4 5 speed manual transmission?

I've been reading various threads on this and there is a variety of responses. Some people recommend the VW G50 or G52 oil, others say a multitude of other types of oils. I changed mine and put in Royal Purple synthetic manual transmission oil. It seems OK, but I notice that the synchromesh...
  2. R

changed clutch and now car wont move

all back together and it moves under its own power now. But, the speedometer doesn't work. I guess I must have knocked off a wire somewhere...
  3. R

It's a hydraulic clutch. I removed the slave cylinder.
  4. R

OK. Solved. I was in the process of taking things apart to drop the transmission. I was removing the bolts holding the inner CV joint to the flange on the passenger side and When I rotated the rotor to turn the axel, I noticed the axel didn't turn. Turns out, the axel shaft came out of the outer...
  5. R

I have a 2001 Jetta with 5 speed. I picked it up used. I noticed a noise int the clutch/transmission but it went away when I pushed in the clutch. Everything seemed to work fine. I read that this car has a dual mass clutch and when it starts to fail, it will make a noise. I also read that a...