Search results

1. B

Passenger Side Rear Brake Light Intermittently Working?

Hi, I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that the passenger side rear break light on my mk4 golf occasionally stops working. It's weird because when I bang it a few time it switches back on again so i don't think the bulb is going. Any ideas what this could be please? Thanks
  2. B

Mannol Oil Any Good?

Hi, I was just wondering if any of you guys use Mannol oil in your cars and what you experience has been with it? I've been using Castrol 5w-30 in my MK4 TDI for ages now but since it's nearly gone up by £20 for 5 litres here in the UK I just can't justify paying the price anymore so looking...
  3. B

Changing the Rocker Cover on a MK4 Golf 1.9 TDI

Hi, I believe I've got a rocker cover gasket leak on the rear of the engine that seems to be dripping all the way down the backside of the engine. Am gonna be buying a genuine oem gasket including the rocker cover as I've read they can warp over time. I just wondered do you need to use new...
  4. B

Jacking Points on a MK4 Golf 1.9 TDI

Hi, I'm going to be changing my coolant flange over in the next few days as my other one was broken inside. I was thinking while I'm changing it, I might as well do a full coolant flush but I wanted to know where the best jacking point is from the front of the car as I will need a little bit of...
  5. B

EGR Valve Keeps Leaking Oil

The egr valve on my mk4 golf 1.9 tdi keeps leaking oil out of the two small holes near the top. I’ve replaced it 3 times, this will now be the fourth. I keep buying second hand ones thinking they will be ok but they only last a couple of months at best before they start to leak oil in the exact...
  6. B

Low Fuel Light Stays On?

Hi, I filled up my car the other day and for some reason the fuel light stays on even after filling up with a message that says please refuel? Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks
  7. B

Replacing the Valve Cover Gasket Mk4 Golf

I've got an oil leak which seems to be starting near the top of the engine near the valve cover and leaking all the way down the rear of the engine. There's an electrical type connector underneath the sump that's got quiet a bit of oil on it and also some near the dogbone mount. I've just...
  8. B

Replacing the coolant temp sensor

It’s been a while since I last changed it but what is the easiest way of removing the electrical connector on the temp sensor? It looks quiet brittle so don’t want to risk breaking it. Also for anyone who’s done the job did you do a coolant flush beforehand? I’m asking because someone on the...
  9. B

Anyone know know what this pipe is?

Hi, I think I’ve located the source of one of the leaks on my car I just wondered if anyone know what the pipe is called please? It’s the pipe that bends round, it’s a really stiff pipe it looks really wet near bung type thing on the side if you look. I also touched the leak and it’s like water...
  10. B

Anyone used a coolant dye kit?

I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a coolant dye kit to help find coolant leaks? If yes any recommendations on which one to use? Found a couple on eBay that come with uv light for detection. Also Is it safe to to run the car with the dye in it or is a coolant flush required? Thanks
  11. B

Changing the rocker cover gasket

Hi, Am thinking of changing the rocker cover gasket on my Golf MK4 1.9 TDI. It’s a PD100. I just wondered when you change the gasket can you reuse the same bolts? Also is there a specific sequence that you need to tighten the bolts in or a specific NN that you torque the bolts down too? Thanks
  12. B

What size is a torx30 screw in mm?

Hi, I just wanted to know if anyone knows the size of a torx30 screw in mm please?
  13. B

The correct pliers to use to take off coolant pipes?

I've noticed what looks like to be a brownish type liquid just on top of the gearbox, not loads but a little so the plan is to remove all the coolant lines and even the coolant flange and have a proper look as there is too many hoses in the way. I was just wondering what the correct pliers were...
  14. B

Possible Leak can anyone help identify?

Hi, I took my mk4 golf 1.9 tdi pd100 for a drive yesterday and noticed a leak on the floor. It’s at the passenger side front underneath the bumper. Please see picture: https://ibb.co/dbsJ8Zb I know for certain now I've got a coolant leak as the warning light came on again on Saturday morning...
  15. B

How to remove a snapped torx screw?

Hi, I was removing the front bumper today when two of the torx screws that you need to take off to remove the bumper snapped when I was undoing them. The crappy thing is the thread part of the screw is still inside the hole it's the head of the screw that's snapped off. Any idea of how to...
  16. B

PD130 & PD150 Same Injectors?

Hi, I've got a MK4 Golf 1.9 TDI, it's a PD100 with a ATD engine code. I am from the UK and I just wanted to ask I've read a couple of different threads on another golf forum about people saying that the Golf PD130 and PD150 injectors are the same but with different part numbers. I was wondering...
  17. B

Possible Leak can anyone help identify?

Hi, I've noticed a small leak near the coolant flange but can't work out exactly where it's coming from if anyone can help please? I've taken a video below: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bENfRIBl_Zd_Ci1Md0kvvkIsQIqTCrMn/view I know I definitely have a EGR valve oil leak as it's spitting...
  18. B

What causes coolant loss?

Hi, I started up my MK4 Golf 1.9 TDI the other day and the coolant warning light came up on the dash. I opened the bonnet and had a look at the coolant reservoir tank and it looks slightly lower, not by much though i only had to top it up ever so slightly. Took the car for a drive and have been...
  19. B

Windows closed drivers side seat wet?

Hi, We had some heavy rain last night when I got in the car this morning the drivers side seat was wet but all the windows were fully closed. Any ideas what this could be please? Just took a video in case anyone can see what the issue is...
  20. B

Replacement EGR Valve

Hi, My EGR is spitting out oil everywhere so i've found a used replacement on Facebook, it looks in good condition but it's from an ALH engine and mines an ATD MK4 Golf. I just wanted to know if it would be ok to fit a part from an ALH model on an ATD? Thanks