Search results

1. C

BG312 ATF usage in DSG transmission

It seems that many VW dealerships are using BG products to inflate their profit margins. They are also using BG fluid in DSG services. I recently had my 60k km (40k miles) service done, only to find a BG3123 part number on my invoice. There was also a BGK6600 part number that I could not find...
  2. C

2b or not 2b? (2.0 Gen 3 emissions mod)

So this has already been stated elsewhere: If vehicle was purchased with phase 1 already applied, and vehicle has less then 64k km (40k miles) for DSG, then only phase 2a (second NOx sensor and related software) would be done. Then after vehicle has more than 112k km (70k miles), phase 2b...
  3. C

Inline coolant heater & oil filter removal

For those that have an inline coolant heater (mostly Canada), what is the best way to get it out of the way when changing the oil filter? I found that taking the T-30 torx screw out of the bracket that holds the inline heater to the block, and then use ties to hold it out of the way seemed the...
  4. C

Dealership say 505.01 replaced by 502.00?

Just want to make sure I have not lost my mind :) I picked up a second hand 2005 Jetta BEW PD, and went to my local stealership looking for 505.01 Oil. The woman at the parts department came back with "Castrol Edge Professional OE 5W40", with VW 502.00 and 505.00 approval codes. I said that...