Search results

1. G

Clutch replacement

2010 Sportwagen 6 spd has been parked for the last few weeks, keep losing clutch pedal. I dont want to mess around with it anymore, so time to replace everything. Car has 115k miles. Few questions.... -Does this have a DMF, and can it be resurfaced? Or should I just bet on a new flywheel as...
  2. G

Frustrated- clutch master replacement attempt

So wife's car is a 2010 sportwagen, manual. Has 114k on it. She complained of the clutch pedal feeling weird sometimes, after a while I drove it and intermittently the engagement was lower. She had surgery on her foot a few weeks ago so I put it on the back burner until today. I ordered a...
  3. G

Itching to delete....

I really like having a diesel that has a perfectly clean tailpipe after xxx thousand miles. But we just brought home our 11 Sportwagen last week, and some part of me wants to delete it. Maybe once the warranty is up, which should be in the next year I gather. We really dont get rid if vehicles...
  4. G

Looking at 2011 Sportwagen, A/C issues?

So my wife put a deposit on a 2011 Sportwagen, TDI 6 spd. 98k miles, hasn't moved much in the past 6 months according to carfax. I wanted to look it over before we buy it, car is in great shape. It was a chilly day here in New England (maybe 50 deg) but it didn't seem as if the A/c kicked on...
  5. G

MK4 misc. OEM parts- rad fans, radio buttons, calipers, gauge cluster...

Got a few parts taking up space, all prices are shipped to lower 48. All parts except 1 pair rear calipers came off my 02 ALH w/~160k miles, all has been in my garage for the last year or 2. Open to reasonable offers. See pictures below. Large rad fan great shape w/bracket $60 shippedSOLD...
  6. G

Need more room!

Well Ive learned to love my Jetta again, and I go and find out that the wife is preggers again. It's a little tight with just one three year old in the back, same old story I'm sure. I'm pretty cheap, so was looking at b5.5 passat wagons 04 ish and I found an 04 4 motion with 125k miles on the...
  7. G

WTB Mk4 center caps/emblem

One of the VW emblems bounced out of the center cap on my 01. Has the 15" alloy, Avus I beleive (5 spoke, gray). If anyone has one or two kicking around I'd like to replace it. The 3 that are in tact are in good looking shape. Thanks! PS these:
  8. G

Pretty sure my zerostart was installed wrong

Just bought an 01 Jetta ALH/5spd from a friend of a member on here. Another hacked up part of it I've found (dealer did most of work) is there was a zerostart heater installed, I'm pretty sure not the right way. Its a model "A", 3305002. Right now the hose that comes off the oil cooler (front)...
  9. G

Parting out 02 Jetta TDI

02 Jetta 5 speed, 154xxx miles. Wife hit a pole about 300 yards from the house pretty good into the passenger headlight area, great news is we just dropped collision coverage to save a few bucks. :rolleyes: Below is the updated list, if you don't see something listed PM me. Pics of most parts...
  10. G

Strange new sounds in limp mode

First of all thanks to all the members on this forum, the info here got me through some stupid headache problems, even though I don't post here much. For the last year the car has been running great, barely ever going into limp mode, getting 45mpg minimum, etc. It's an 02 Jetta 5spd, all stock...
  11. G

Wheel lock key

Well I had a bad start the other morning. Have had a progressively worse leaking front tire, forgot to fill it the other cold morning before I left and sure enough about 5 miles out it went flat. So changed the tire, as soon as I let the car down I heard it hissing. :mad: At this point I just...
  12. G

No brake lights...not the switch

Today on the way home I noticed the glow plug light started flashing just down the street from my house. 30 seconds later I heard the Jetta get louder...exhaust leak. When it rains it pours I guess, as I just spent a few hundred last weekend on new VNT actuator, MAF, glow plugs, etc etc...
  13. G

Air in fuel and VNT actuator

Well since I had today off and I have my truck in proper order again I figured it'd be a good time to pull the turbo and check the VNT, as I've needed a MAF (which I got) and VNT actuator, don't have that yet. 02 Jetta tdi, btw. First of all, I really don't know how some people work on these...
  14. G

A few issues

Hey all, Haven't been on lately because I've been busy driving the Jetta instead of fixing it! :D It's an 02 Jetta 1.9TDI 90HP model from Rhode Island, 12X,000 miles. Anyhow, I've had the check engine light on for some time now, about a year and a half. Haven't had money to fix it, but I did...
  15. G

Need low down on Passats!

Hello, I currently own an 02 Jetta TDI, 5 speed with about 115k miles and couldn't be more satisfied with it. Every good car has its issues in my book, and I'm no stranger on working on the "bigger" repairs. But now that we don't own any automatics, and might have a bigger family in the near...
  16. G

Will not run...what the?

Hello all... Last night I was doing an oil change on the Jetta, its an 02 TDI 5 spd. While it was in the garage I figured I'd take a look at the EGR/intake, because it had been going into limp mode easily lately. The car doesn't move much because I need to get the timing belt done, just another...
  17. G

Coolant Temp sensor - 02 Jetta

Hello, Recently I had a small problem with the battery breaking apart along the bottom front edge, leaking acid down the harness (lights, rad. fans, temp switches, etc) and destroying the cooling fan relay, which is located under the battery tray on the engine bay side. It actually closed the...
  18. G

New to TDI, Boost Frequency Control?

Hello all, My girlfriend has had her 02 Jetta TDI for a year now, and it is great on fuel with no less than 45mpg. However, since she got it if you wound the motor out past 3200 or so RPM under full acceleration, it would pretty consistently start smoking out the exhaust, and once in a while go...
  19. G

Loss of power after smokin

Hey all, New to the site and it looks like the place I've been lookin for. My girlfriends got an 02 Jetta TDI, 5 speed (sedan). I like the car alot, especially with the mileage it gets! I am not new to diesels, but European computer controlled diesels are like lookin at soviet submarine to...