Search results

1. T

Mk4 Hazard Switch

Yes. Based on what I know about the switch, it's possible that a couple of the sliding contacts have been bent back after years of presses.
  2. T

Mk4 Hazard Switch

Well, it's been nine years buuut, any chance a switch is still sitting in forgotten box in the basement corner?
  3. T

LED Brake Light Bulbs that Won't Give Error?

This is good stuff!! I've been looking for something like this that doesn't tear up the wiring harness or involve resistors that create a bunch of extra heat. I'm looking at relays and since I'm an electrical amateur, I don't know quite what I'm looking for. The link below leads to a Bosch...
  4. T

Advice needed: rebuild all suspension bushings/wearable

Just in case you really dig poly, Powerflex makes a diesel-specific poly dogbone mount set that doesn't transmit vibration to the cabin.
  5. T

Can the radio stay on until door opens?

Good point. Mrfiat said his radio does stay on after key is removed and before the door is open but his is an aftermarket radio, mine is stock. Those of you with radios that behave like I'm describing- Does anyone know where to look in VCDS? If not, I'd love it if someone posted their coding to...
  6. T

Thanks for the good info, y'all. It just seems like something that VCDS and similar scan tools should be able to... *ahem* address. Plus, I'm a curious person. Nice! If you have VCDS, do you mind sharing the coding for your radio? That's address word 56. This is really a shot in the dark...
  7. T

If you could check the coding, that would be awesome and much appreciated. Browsing through the Ross-Tech wiki didn't yield results. (1J body style page)
  8. T

I have a 2003 Jetta wagon with the stock double DIN radio (non-Monsoon). The current radio behavior is that is shuts off immediately after removing the key. I would like it if the radio stayed on until I opened the driver's door. Is this programmable via VCDS? I haven't found anything obvious or...
  9. T

For Sale: 2003 VW Golf TDI, auto, 270k

I have a craigslist ad that was put up last night. Being sold from Harrisonburg, VA https://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/cto/d/harrisonburg-2003-volkswagen-golf-tdi/6889965843.html Like I mention at the bottom of the ad- come see it and/or make me an offer. We'll work with it. Thanks for looking!
  10. T

Parting 02 Jetta tdi

Stock intake manifold? Mine is clogged to high heaven and don't want to be out of commission for too long. Edit: Mine is an ALH. How about $25+whatever shipping is