Search results

1. A

Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1 - PO 133 - Any Risk to Drive?

Recently got this code PO133, Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1 - Is there any risk to damage to motor or emissions if I keep driving for a while? I have a recall to replace the DPF that I will schedule in the next month and Audi can deal with this code, I assume all under emissions warranty which...
  2. A

Coolant Container and Level Sensor OEM or Aftermarket?

2015 Q5 TDI- The level sensor in coolant container is sending false signals indicating low level which is not accurate as level is ok. The level sensor is not a replaceable part so a new container is needed. Aftermarket container (China) is 1/3 the cost of OEM does anyone have experience with...
  3. A

Bleed Screw Location for Coolant?

Anyone know bleed screw location for coolant for 2015 Q5 TDI? Under cowl panel?
  4. A

Time to Refreash the Coolant -Looking for tips 2015 Q5 TDI

I plan to drain coolant and replace as a DIY. Are there any YouTubes that may help? Looking for tips on where drain valve is located, how to add new coolant and how to bleed air out of the system. Thanks. Any "stickies" for this procedure on the forum?
  5. A

Bando Serpentine Belts ?

Does anyone have experience with Bando serpentine belts for Q5 TDI? They say made in USA. Quality? Good, Bad, just ok? Price is good, they say they are an OEM supplier.
  6. A

Timing Chain Rattle YouTube

Here is a YouTube of timing chain and components replacement on a 3.0 TDI Sedan due to rattle FYI
  7. A

Emission Modification- 23Z8 DPF & DOC Replacement Now or Later?

I have a 2015 Q5 TDI with 145,000 km, should I get this emissions recall done sooner or later? I hope to keep the vehicle to 300,000 km and there are no problems with vehicle right now. I can get this recall done now or wait until closer to the end of the extended emission warranty, 10 years or...
  8. A

Oil Leaks 3.0 TDI Q5 or Q7 ?

Has anyone had oil leaks on their Q5 TDI or Q7 TDI engines from rear main seal or other locations on TDI 3.0 ? I read in another forum some Q7 TDI's 3.0 have had some oil leaks at rear main seal. Does anyone know if the TDI 3.0 in the Q5 TDI is a different version in the Q7 TDI in the 2013 -2015...
  9. A

Oil pan heater wattage ? --2015 Q5 TDI

I'm planning to install an adhesive silicone oil pan heater to reduce wear on cold starts, location SW Ontario, usually parked in a garage. Considering a 150 watt and a 250 watt, one supplier Kats suggests the 150 watt. I plan to use a timer and run it 3-4 hours before starting on cold winter...
  10. A

Oil Change With Wrong Oil Spec 2015 Q5TDI-Need Advice

Had and oil change done and the wrong oil spec was used, the 505 spec was used vs. the 507 spec oil Will the high ash loading do much harm to the DPF over one service interval, 15,000 km? The oil used was Liqui Moly leichtlauf 5w-40, it's sulphate ash content is 1.0 - 1.6g /100 g. The Liqui...
  11. A

Belt tensioner, idler pulley and belt replacement ?

For prevent maintenance what mileage should these parts be replaced? I'm at 108,000 km (67,000 miles), no sign of any noise so far, I will remove belt to check sound of bearings in pulleys, however, it is very tight spacing between the radiator and belt to work.
  12. A

2015 Q5 TDI Transfer Case and Differentials Fluid Change

Does anyone know if a transfer case and differential fluid change is needed at about 62,000 miles (100,000 km) ? I am getting my transmission fluid changed in the 8 speed ZF and my Indy suggested changing fluids in the differentials and transfer case at the same time. The transfer case fluid is...
  13. A

8 Speed ZF transmission -how many litres for a fluid change?

Does anyone know how many litres needed for a fluid change in the 8 Speed ZF transmission? I read a dry fill was about 9.5 l .
  14. A

Audi Q5 TDI Jacking locations for 2015 MY

Hi, New owner of a Q5 TDI looking for info on locations for jack stands and floor jack lift points. Using Floor jack with a puck / jack pad- can a rear wheel be lifted under the coil spring at bottom of the aluminum housing holding the coil? Pinch Weld jack location side of vehicle - Do not...
  15. A

Q5 Adaptive Dampening Suspension- Not Air Bladder

Adaptive Dampening Suspension- Not Air Bladder System- anyong have any problems with this option, it is # 1BL-Adaptive Dampening Suspension? It adjusts oil pressure inside the shocks via a valve inside the shock using the vehicle computer and sensors. Looking at a vehicle with this option...