Search results

1. T

Left rear door won't lock electronically.

I have a 2003 TDI. When I use the key fob, the left rear door won't lock. The button tries to move but no go. I can push the button down and it locks and pull the inside handle and it unlocks. The security system senses when the door is locked or not and I can hear the actuator trying when I use...
  2. T

MK4 Jetta door lock

On my 03 Jetta TDI MK4 the left rear door won't lock electronically. The door lock button tries, but it won't go down or up. It moves only a fraction so it's getting the signal. The wiring must be ok for it to try to move the lock button. The security system knows when the door is locked or...
  3. T

2002 No Glow plug light

From the schemati Don't say that LOL. I'll check that for sure. It was sitting for quite a while.
  4. T

2002 No Glow plug light

It is a gray one. I had replaced it some five years ago. I bought a new one and it didn't make a difference. Somewhere, the power isn't getting to that relay.
  5. T

2002 No Glow plug light

Thanks Vince. I just found my old Haynes manual! I'll keep on keeping on :) I agree, gotta be something between the ignition and relay 109. Keep ya posted..
  6. T

2002 No Glow plug light

I found two bad fuses and replaced them. Relay 109 still isn't kicking in. With the cover off the relay I can manually close the relay and the glow plugs and the injector solenoid work but it won't react when I turn over the key... Any more thoughts?
  7. T

2002 No Glow plug light

Thanks for the reply. Will do! I'm not sure why anything would change but she's an old girl...
  8. T

2002 No Glow plug light

I had my 02 tdi off the road for a year and a half but started it up regularly and let it run. I put it outside and let it sit for two weeks and now the glow plug light does not come on. The injector pump solenoid is not getting power either but when I jumper the injection pump solenoid to 12...
  9. T

Engine stuck on 02 TDI

Thanks for that, I'll pull the slave cylinder tonight. I was wondering how to get a look inside the bell housing. I'm hoping that's the problem. The clutch is only 4 years old but dual mass. I hope it's the clutch coming apart and not the engine!! You guys are great!
  10. T

Engine stuck on 02 TDI

Both front wheels are off the ground. Ok that explains it. Couldn't turn the passenger wheel (clockwise) with the driver's side on the ground, even in 5th gear..
  11. T

Engine stuck on 02 TDI

Thanks for the replies. It didn't run out of oil, it still with 360k didn't use oil. Can't rotate the engine either direction very far. Can't figure why I can turn the passenger wheel freely with it in gear.. Wondering if the clutch came apart. I'll pull the valve cover and report back...
  12. T

Engine stuck on 02 TDI

With the glow plugs removed, in neutral, I can't rotate the engine using a socket on the crank. When I crank it, the starter can't turn over the engine. Replaced the starter, still can't move the engine. I lifted both front wheels off the ground, put it in gear (tried all forward gears) and...
  13. T

Changing out the alternator on 2002 Jetta TDI

Remember it's easy to keep the alternator and just replace the voltage regulator on the alternator. I have done that on both of my TDI's 01 and 03.. You still need to remove the alternator to replace the regulator. TB
  14. T

01 TDI Rad

Found and installed. Not a bad job to have to do..
  15. T

01 TDI Rad

Thanks for the replies. The Fort Erie site looks really good. The price is certainly better than I've found around town and they probably have a couple other parts I'd like to get.. Well worth the drive. Thanks
  16. T

01 TDI Rad

I picked up a Rad on Upper James in Hamilton for my 01 Jetta TDI, not from the dealer. It's about 3/4 the thickness of the stock Rad. Doesn't seem like a good idea. The rad hose connections aren't the same either. Any suggestions for a source around Hamilton? Cheers
  17. T

Cabin Air won't Recirculate

Mine is stuck closed and I fog up like crazy. Can the flap be reached by taking out the filter. I just need to open it up till the weather warms up...
  18. T

Door Switch Fix (Alternative)

Great fix, cheap and everything works as normal..puddle light, door chime, interior lights and I don't get locked out of the car any more. Went to Future shop, the auto dept, they gave me two door pins. They come extra with alarm systems..
  19. T

Tool Alert: Flexible Hose Clamp Pliers at P.A.

Nothing left in Southern Ontario. Bummer, a fantastic price..
  20. T

Hardware for Golf Hitch

Thanks! TSC in Brantford is a pretty good source, as well Home Hardware. TSC seems to have more metric stock.