Search results

1. D

92 Jetta steamed windshield, found broken belt.

Last night doing about 60 mph in the middle lane of a 5 lane parkway. The dash suddenly filled with smoke which heavily obscured vision through the windshield. I was barely able to see and navigate through traffic to pull into a Gulf station that luckily was 1/4 mile ahead. I thought it was...
  2. D

FS in CT, 96 Passat B4 front doors- no rust, blue

I bought these for my black 96 Passat before I found ones that are the correct color so never used these. absolutely no rust and power windows work. $75 ea obo picked up in Derby Ct. I can also deliver within 75 mile radius for a fee.
  3. D

FS B4V rear coil spring $90 + shipping

This rear spring came from a B4V Passat wagon with less than 100K miles. It is in good condition. $90 + shipping
  4. D

Selling off lots of B4 parts

This unit has been tested in my 96 B4V. You'll have to procure a key FOB. Replaces existing B4 door lock controller (behind head light switch) and make it wireless! $60 shipped CONUS.
  5. D

Not a diesel, 92 cabriolet N Stonington CT

I am losing storage for it first week of Nov so it must go one way or another. Make me an offer!
  6. D

96 Passat TDI wagon $4500 OBO in Shelton CT

Bought Sept 09 from a couple in MA. It was my first TDI. My intent was to fix it up with the help of TDI club and convert it to run on WVO. I have been running WVO successfully since 2005 with over 250k miles total on 3 different IDI diesels (Peugeot, Mercedes and a VW Jetta IDI) with no engine...
  7. D

GQ ECU 4sale

GQ in good working condition. hose inside replaced and tested in my 96 Passat. $100 + shipping
  8. D

r&r rusted brake lines

They are NLA from VW so must fab ur own. Any tips to make the job easier? The one that sprung a leak is the transverse one (L to R) on the rear.
  9. D

pinhole leak pwr steering line

I felt a slow loss of power assist to the steering last night. Just so happen I have a fresh can of CH-11 pwr steering fluid so I filled the empty reservoir and started up the engine and saw fluid dripping out the bottom of engine.. Closeer look revealed the lower steel line on the pwr steering...
  10. D

How much $$$ to change glow plugs and harness 2002 Jetta?

Just want to know ball park $$ parts and labor to change out 4 glow plugs with new and a new harness on a 2002 Jetta. 1. Dealer 2. Guru Thanks!
  11. D

96 B4 passenger front door parts FS

All parts from a 96 black B4V passenger front door, everything works/ tested. Please pm me if you need anything. mirror door striker (is that what it' called?) window regulator vacuum door lock motor harness glass mouldings
  12. D

can't get window motor connector off.

I was able to slide the connector about 1/2 inch and can see it moves at an angle up and out but it won't slide more than 1/2 inch.. is there a hidden locking pin somewhere? I tried lubing it with wd40 and prying and hammering with leverage and it won't budge. Don't want to break it. What's the...
  13. D

B4V front passenger door parts FS

These parts are from my 96 B4V rusty but fully functional passenger front door: mirror (black) with glass works fine $40 + shipping regulator, works fine $50 + shipping motor, works fine $50 + shipping glass good condition $20 local pickup only Any other parts from the door you...
  14. D

FS 96 B4V tan seats cheap

No rips, relatively clean B4 V rear seat backs and passenger front seat as shown in pic. no more no less. CT Make offer
  15. D

Picked up a GQ ECU

Went to an air cooled VW show and a vedor there had a lot of water cooled parts, one of which was a GQ ECU from a 97 TDI for $10. Per seller the ECU is a good one. Any checks or precautions I should take before plugging in the harness?
  16. D

Need help with re-routing inter cooler plumbing

On my 1Z, I need to re-route the 2 sections of plastic intercooler pipes that run from the intercooler (by the radiator fan switch) up to the aluminum piece which then go on to the turbo. This is so I can free up some space where the pipes currently occupy (above the fan motor). I was thinkng...
  17. D

Is it possible to have pre-glow always? 1Z

I don't know why VW does not pre-glow the glow plugs when ambient temp is above 40F, but it does have a 2 to 3 minute post glow after the engine starts. Having pre-glow, winter or summer, gives a cleaner start. I have verified that by forcing a pre-glow by unplugging the coolant temp sensor...
  18. D

VCDS hogging the desktop!

I can't minimize VCDS (ver 10.6.2) when it's running. It takes over the desktop and is always on the foreground. Windows 7, 64 bit CPU. Anyone else have this problem? .
  19. D

Discrepancy in fuel temp between TDI timing and measuring block group 007

Anyone notice the discrepancy between the fuel temp as reported in the lower left hand corner of the TDI timing graph and group 007? In the graph, it says 130 with no units of measure so I assume that's in F. In group 007, it syas 40 C (104 F). That's a 26 degree difference! Which one is...
  20. D

Is this normal glow plug behavior?

I had my glow plugs under manual control with a separate relay/solenoid but decided to go back to ECU control. I have a light bulb connected to the glow plugs so I can see whenever they are being powered. This morning ambient temp was around 60F. I have VCDS monitoring group 012. All glow...