Search results

1. W

What is everyone doing for a replacement turbo?

I need to replace my turbo on my 2005 Passat TDI. The counter-balance shaft went out at 256k. I know, I thought it was replaced already and it made no noise until it died. Anyway after deleting the balance shaft the turbo had a whine. I hoped it would last a little longer, but no. Now no boost...
  2. W

B5.5 Passat Auto Drive Axles

These are left over from my conversion. Out of my 2005 Passat tdi for auto transmission. Boots are not ripped but cracked. No vibration at idle in gear. No wobbles. I would prefer local pick up. $30 for the pair. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  3. W

FS. Trans Control Module and Trans Range Sensor

I converted my Passat to manual and have these parts for sale. They both worked fine and the tcm is dry. $200 for both shipped. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  4. W

Ball Joints and Tie Rods

I'm selling both lower ball joints and inner/ outer tie rods for I believe a jetta, golf, and beetle. They are brand new still in the packages. The part numbers will be in the pictures. Shipping is on you. $40 for all. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  5. W

Manual Trans Swap

First I want to thank everyone for all the great posts and information to make my swap as painless as possible. Second I want to thank Jeff at Rocketchip for the great service and tune. Luckily I only live about a hour and a half from him, so I drove it to his place. I know everyone says the car...
  6. W

TCM, TRS, and Misc. Parts

Like everyone else, I swapped my passat to manual trans. I have a good TCM and trans range sensor for sale. Asking $160 for both. I also have a 03 passat parts car that was used for the swap I'm selling parts off of. I am near Philadelphia. Any questions please ask. Thank you for looking. Sent...
  7. W

ABS coding question

I'm finishing up doing a manual swap on my 2005 wagon. Can I code the ABS before I get the ECM programmed? Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  8. W

Gas to diesel

I know this has been asked and I apparently don't know how to search properly. I bought a 2003 passat 1.8t, manual for parts to swap my 05 passat tdi to manual. The problem is that the 03 body and interior are in far better condition than the 05. It has manual hvac in both cars and all other...
  9. W

A4 b5 donor car

I have been looking for a donor car for a manual transmission swap with little luck. My search only finds cars too expensive, too far, or don't answer back. I did find a 98 Audi A4 2.8 fwd. What I could find is that the axles, shifter, trans mount brackets will work. But not sure. I don't know...
  10. W

Spec flywheel

Has anyone tried a Spec sa01s flywheel? Can't find much information on it, except that it weighs 16 lbs. Which I know is a little light. I can get one cheap but wondering what size clutch it takes and if I can use my original starter. 05 Passat tdi if wondering. Sent from my SM-G935P using...
  11. W

Sorry, another manual transmission swap question

I'm thinking about doing a manual swap on my passat. Could I use the crossmember, axles, clutch pedal assembly from a 4 motion? I know the trans won't work, I'll order that from Fran. If this was already answered sorry again, did not see it. Only thought about it because I saw one cheap and...
  12. W

I know and I read, but P0741 and airbag code 01222

Ok, first post but I stalk a lot. I bought a 2005 Passat wagon about two months ago. I drive about 500 miles a week plus. When I bought it it had an airbag lamp on with about 15 codes in it so I cleared to see what would come back. For a month everything was fine then I got the P0741 code. I...