Search results

1. N

I got a lemon for sure

Fair enough, I’ll agree with turd. I’ll get it up to cool air this week hopefully. Gotta drop the other Jetta off for recall on steering column...
  2. N

I got a lemon for sure

I'll spare the in depth details, as i have another thread on this POS car. Quick bullet points: 2012 VW JSW with 50k. I've had it for 3 years - put maybe 400 miles total on it. Salvage car that i've restored (nightmare). No VW buyback after 3 years of dealing with them. Replaced engine due...
  3. N

TDI painful experience. HELP NEEDED

Or could this be the DSG chatter people are talking about - needs to be reprogrammed? Would the DSG tune from Kerma take care of it?
  4. N

DSG chattering

any update on this?
  5. N

Front end growly vib noise.

Not sure if our symptoms are exactly the same, but when i have front end up in the air I have vibrations as well. I disconnected the CV's, no vibrations at all. Put CV's back in, removed calipers, no vibrations. I think the ABS system is trying to engage, as its not registering rear wheels...
  6. N

I checked wheel speed sensors through VCDS and all are registering. Is there another group to check when ABS is kicking in? It's not lighting up on Dash - but it has to be that, right? Again, its only 15mph slowing down when i feel it. 5mph and it really grabs. I did notice the requested...
  7. N

I was able to "disable" the hill hold feature, but still having the issue at low speeds. Luckily I don't have to hit much traffic to and from work, but still not sure what the issue is. Just seems like engine brake or brakes are grabbing 1-2 gear. I've searched extensively for the ABS delete -...
  8. N

I'm going to use VCDS to try and disable to hill hold feature. I did notice that if i jack up the front end, wheels on or off, the brakes are wanting to engage sporadically. I verified this by removing the calipers, letting it run in D, they turn smoothly at the all speeds, not just 15mph mark...
  9. N

This is a DSG. And yes, pushing it to neutral - does the same thing around 15mph slowing down. If i'm at a stop and start to move forward, it does feel a bit "heavier" getting going unless i punch it. Things are smooth as can be 30mph and above. I bled all brakes and all seems well there.
  10. N

One last question. Before the engine replacement - in the 200 miles i had driven before engine breaking - When slowing down I would hit first gear and 15 mph and it feels like a hard engine brake. I mean hard. Brakes were not engaged, and would happen even if i turned the ESC (button center...
  11. N

it was replaced due to the mounting bracket for alternator/hpfp was damaged from a wreck. bought it salvage, been a nightmare ever since. hah! I'm def. learning as we go here.
  12. N

Have it running!!!!!! Still have a few things to do, as the test drive showed temp gauge at 190 while idling (perfect) but driving it runs hot. Going to switch the thermostat and the inline thermostat at DSG. Other than that, the issue was HPFP was clogged on engine i bought, which is why my...
  13. N

I bought some ball bearings for an easy ball bearing test, but assumed once this is checked off its the HPFP that came with engine i bought. I'll swap them out next weekend - will keep you updated. Cams/rollers look good on engine i put in. Old one had all the rockers broken in half from timing...
  14. N

no start still. Not seeing more than 8.0 bar on fuel pressure, no clue if this is enough or not, but i'm assuming not?
  15. N

You will never believe this. I reversed power to it and it runs as it should. Don't ask me how, as i have no idea, but somehow the wires got switched, so the pump was acting like a real jerk. Connector is one direction, as are the wires that are connected. Connection bolts on the pump are...
  16. N

I even ran a new ground to it, no change. TO RECAP: all lines hooked up, and i run power to it remotely, pump acts fine and "pushes" fluid. Run it through VCDS and pump wants to Twist out of itself. I've even noticed flexing where it connects to the HPFP. Gets super hot within seconds with...
  17. N

Wiring harness is swapped and my "electrical" issue is resolved. I now have power going the auxiliary fuel pump, but ran into a new friggin issue. Lift pump in tank works. Have ran it both by adding a connection and battery power, and also through VCDS. Changed fuel filter, i have flow out of...
  18. N

i've looked for the kill switch and VW doesn't have those unfortunately...
  19. N

where would the rollover switch be located?