Search results

1. S

Hi guys

Terry, Bruce, Dan and all the other, how are you guys doing? I gave my TDI away to a lady in need several years ago and not that I have regretted my decision (because it was the right thing to do) I really miss my car. I am looking to get back into one. Keep your eyes out for me if you guys...
  2. S

New 2015

Got the wife a new sportwagen yesterday. I think it funny she has fallen in love with the diesel after driving my 03 jetta for a year...
  3. S

needed: injector bodies

I need a set of injector bodies from a 5 speed ALH, I do not get on here a whole lot due to time but keep missing the ones that get put on here. email me if any are available... Thanks
  4. S

Finally took the old silver car to the dyno

Will post it once I figure out how. She made 133/262. I did not think that was to bad. Itwas after all 98.54 degrees out. It looks to have held 133 hp from around 2800 to almost 5000.. This make me wonder why so many think the lift pump is worth a lot more hp. The numbers never fell off...
  5. S

Cylinder head/ Valve springs

Thinking of upgrading turbo, injectors and tune. With 20 plus psi, I was wondering if I would have problems with intake valve control and the extra boost wanting to help open the intake valve. Was wondering what the options would be here since huge seat pressure liek we run on our race car...
  6. S

GTG idea

Not really a GTG, but I am having a superbowl party at my home. It is not a TDI GTG but you guys are always great. So would anyone be interested in coming to Florence, SC for some pork and football?
  7. S

Gauges

Need some gauge ideas...does anyone have the indiglo from autometer with pics...do not want to do dual dash pod.....maybe 2 in the pillar and one on the column.. Thanks
  8. S

Milk money..

It has just come to my attention that now that I am not driving 500+ miles per week to school that my 20 month old drinks more milk in one week than I use diesel fuel...just thought that was rather funny...
  9. S

FS .658 gear

Think I am going to go with the .684 since I am not on the interstate a whole lot now..$300...I will include the gasket....the gear is new
  10. S

Wanted useless VNT-15

as it says
  11. S

Turbo FLange

Is there a difference in the DP flange from the VNT-15 to the 17/22? Thanks
  12. S

2.5 inch dp and exhaust received

Got my DP and exhaust today and am actually disappointed which is a bummer. It is a PP DP from Kerma. The design of the flange in my opinion is bad for a turbo set up. There should be a "bell" section after the flange to transition between the turbo outlet and the larger section of the DP...
  13. S

Dyno Interest Jan 31 09

Anyone interested in a dyno session on jan30 or 31 please post to let me know. If there is enough interest I will see if we can get a good rate....
  14. S

intake

What is teh PD150 plenum volume and runner volumes??? anyone know??
  15. S

Wtb

I want a tyrolsport SMIC......for A4 jetta...
  16. S

Bad turbo

At work with no time to browse, what does it sound like when turbo is about to go? Mine has this not so good sound when I let off the throttle. Kinda like a bad bearing howl if I had to describe it.. I did just have a 3 inch exhaust put on, is this a normal sound or did the tune/foot kill it???
  17. S

new 3 inch

New 3 inch exhaust today.....loud and resonates terribly, what muffler do you guys use in 3 inch?? Temp drop was dramatic however..
  18. S

Clutches

I now there are many threads about clutches but I need an objective view. Please tell me what clutch you guys are running with which mods. I currently have rc3 and pp520. Smoked teh stocked clutch in about 20 miles or so. Basically are you satisfied witht the clutch you have and would you...
  19. S

TB and intake cleaning

Changed TB and cleaned that nasty intake. It was crazy how much crap came out of the intake. Car runs better and seems to rev a little better but nothing drastic. Only bummer, motor came off of jack (never turn back on a 4yo) and cracked the oilpan but welded her back up and is good. Do not...
  20. S

Turbo question

What is the i.d. of the turbo where the downpipe attaches???