Search results

1. X

01 mk4 Golf 2DR ALH Auto - Central MN $900

A bit sad to sell but I'm out of time and space. Car runs, drives, and has potential. Body pretty solid for an older MN car. Drive as-is, fix-up, or parts. The ALH smokes heavily for a bit (smells like diesel fuel) on cold startup. After warming up a bit the smoke goes away and the car...
  2. X

ALH compression numbers: Seeking advice.

After a long hiatus, its time to invest some time into my parked Golf... The car seems to run well when its warm. It starts easily and has seemingly good power. The car misfires and smokes at every cold startup, eventually clears up. Smoke is greyish and smells of unburned diesel. It will...
  3. X

No start after injector replacement. Constant air in lines...

Last weekend I replaced the injectors on my 01 ALH auto with a used slightly lower mileage set off a supposedly running manual 00 Beetle, mostly with the intent to run them for awhile, fix other issues on car and eventually have original injectors rebuilt and reinstall. I'm confident...
  4. X

Injector tip soak? Injector bore (head) cleaning?

(ALH) I'm going to throw in a "good" used set of manual injectors in my Auto car. Would it be a good idea to soak them in something to possibly loosen up any deposits in the nozzle area? I'm thinking I'll soak them is SeaFoam or something similiar, perhaps some diesel injector cleaner...
  5. X

Wanted: ALH or similar #3/Needle lift sensor connector/plug only

If you have a junk '03 and older? #3 Needle lift sensor male connector pigtail (part of injector/lift sensor - rectangle shaped). Hack it off and sell it to me (with some wire preferably) or even sell me a whole junky/mystery #3 injector? Installing "good" used manual OE injectors in my auto...
  6. X

WTB: MK4 Golf Glovebox door

Black preferred and as complete as possible. Let me know if you have anything?
  7. X

ALH EGR Operation? Runs bad with EGR open...

(01 Golf/Auto) Hi guys, fairly straightforward questions: Should there be any vacuum present at the EGR valve at idle? My car definitely has vac present through EGR solenoid at idle. The car starts fine but runs rough, smokes excessively, and misfires at idle and off idle with EGR valve...
  8. X

Wanted: MK4 Left Manaual Door mirror - Silver preferred

............ .............. Please delete. Posted in wrong section by accident.
  9. X

Wanted: MK4 Golf Headlights

Title sums it up: Sell me some decent Golf headlights. Will consider OEM or aftermarket. Suggestions/recommendations o.k. too. :)
  10. X

ALH warm-up time: EGR cooler vs. Deleted EGR...

I have searched, have read several different opinions, looking for more before spring! Currently fixing up an 01 tdi Golf auto, hopefully someday in the near future will be used to daily drive to work, etc. I picked up the car in very neglected/poor shape and I need to decide if I'm keeping...