Search results

1. J

Coolant Temp Intermittently Stops Working Causing Limp Mode

Have a P0118 code. Tried another temp sensor tonight from the vw dealer same results.
  2. J

Where do I start diagnosing a wiring issue for the temp sensor? Also does anyone know what the temp sensor is for by the thermostat housing?
  3. J

Yes can’t remember the number but the one relating to coolant temp sensor is coming up.
  4. J

Hi have a 06 Jetta. The coolant temp randomly cuts out and at the same time this happens causes power loss until you restart the car. Tried changing the temp sensor and thermostat and got the same results. Thanks for any help anyone has.
  5. J

Wanted. Used Good Shape VNT 17 Turbo

Looking for a Working vnt 17 or S7.
  6. J

TDI 1.9 conversion to Jeep TJ fuel pump.

You can get away with suck straws without pump if properly bled and maybe use some one way valves so your fuel doesn’t siphon back into your tank. Or alternate option would be a external lift pump somewhere in your supply line.
  7. J

Boost /Limp Mode Problem

Hi. I have a 04 passat BHW. When first starting off i'm not getting any boost till around 30mph, then it kicks in and operates normally. Just very sluggish and won't rev properly at low speeds. Scanned for codes and none were present. Any tips or pointers on some thing to look for would be much...
  8. J

Any good alternatives to Coty out there now?

Check out a place called Eurowise for your TDI wiring harness. All they need is your sensor connectors. Tell them what vehicle your putting it in and what gauges you want and its all custom. They made one for my Jeep and its super neat, clean and reasonably priced. Another plus is that they are...
  9. J

ALH Jeep XJ Swap

Ok so you did pretty similar to what I did except I didn't think about flipping the coolant flange in time which I'll probably go back and do to make it a little neater. What did the connector right up from your coolant flange, that you put your bleed nipple and it looks like another coolant...
  10. J

ALH Jeep XJ Swap

Thats awesome! Would you mind to document how you run all your coolant lines. Are you planning on using the VW coolant expansion tank or do you think you can use your jeep one. Also what about the little bleed nipple coming out of the head. I believe evguy on his xj build ran it to his metal...
  11. J

Wanted: GTB1756VK Turbo

How many miles does it roughly have? Does it leak any oil and how much do u want for it.
  12. J

Wanted: GTB1756VK Turbo

Hello Im looking for a gtb1756vk preferably with vacuum actuated wastage and possibly interested in a Passat Tdi manifold.
  13. J

Jeep xj Tdi alh swap how to get tach signal

So Hasenwerk your saying that if I bought your analog signal converter I could connect to my tach signal wire that is on my stand alone wiring harness for my alh engine and then run to the cam signal wire on my jeep and should be all good or am I confused. I have my cps installed...
  14. J

I found a old thread from a guy building a Tj Tdi and he was talking about just wiring the crank signal and the cam signal on the Jeep together but he never posted back and that was 4 years ago does anyone have any input on this idea. I guess y’all can tell I’m not a electrical genius. I just...
  15. J

Ok ill try that evguy and see what I can come up with. Thanks!
  16. J

Hello, Im swapping my 1998 jeep Cherokee's 4.0 for a 2003 ALH Tdi. Ive ran it and drove it and just have to finish a lot of little stuff. One problem I'm working on now is getting tach signal to the stock xj gauge. I know I need my jeep cps but have heard I also need a momentary 5v signal from...
  17. J

Overboost Limp Mode

I have a 2002 Jetta TDI that is going to full boost as soon as I start it up and I believe it is causing me to go into limp mode. Does any one have any ideas of some things for me to check.