Search results

1. T

Import mk4 pd150

Got it. That's another factor.
  2. T

Import mk4 pd150

That's not true. " A motor vehicle that is at least 25 years old can be lawfully imported into the U.S. without regard to whether it complies with all applicable FMVSS."...
  3. T

What's wrong with my transmission? 02j manual transmission disassemble (help?)

Frans had NOS transmissions for a while, then I saw he had VW-branded rebuilds. Might be worthwhile to get one of those if there's too much wear or carnage in yours.
  4. T

ECM Immobilization, now my instrument cluster & key don’t work

NEVER say you're going to sue unless you are prepared to do it. Legally that's a bad move.
  5. T

Vacuum routing and hose sizes

Just replace. No special procedure
  6. T

Clutch replacement on 03 ALH Jetta

If it's just the clutch, no diesel diagnostics, you can pick any foreign car shop with good local ratings.
  7. T

real world EVs review

Washington monument in DC has the top made from aluminum. At the time it was as very expensive then just 2 years later a new extraction technique made the price drop drastically.
  8. T

Lost the key for lug nut - how to remove the nut now?

Who says you have to use the security lug again? Buy the security key, remove all the security lugs, replace with regular.
  9. T

Key fob

Buy a used good-condition fob on Ebay. Transfer over your key and RFID chip. program your buttons (no computer required for this step). Finished.
  10. T

Bulkhead connector recommendations

You could buy a base model 42-pin Mustang bulkhead connector at a salvage yard, likely quite cheap, and new terminals. I think the years will be '96-04, (might just be '00-'04) but check to be sure. You then just crimp on new factory terminals. That should be a passenger-side connection and...
  11. T

Bulkhead connector recommendations

what year Mustang, what engine/fuel system are you using?
  12. T

How to find where mice are getting in an MK4 (03 Jetta)

Just put baited traps at each tire and you should catch them.
  13. T

BEW Glow plug harness replacement

Heat shrink tubing will give a better moisture-resistant seal than that tape.
  14. T

Help! Hard coolant pipe won’t go back in

add a water-based lubricant to the o-ring before sliding it on to reduce friction from grabbing it
  15. T

real world EVs review

I doubt they'd invest $175 million unless they had determined it would be profitable.
  16. T

Does the world need more used Mk4 ALH parts?

It needs more NEW parts.
  17. T

real world EVs review

https://spectrum.ieee.org/lithiumion-battery-recycling-finally-takes-off-in-north-america-and-europe
  18. T

Anyone have access to the glow plug wiring diagram and voltage?

OwenWS25 New member · From PNW Joined May 5, 2019 Last seen May 6, 2019
  19. T

Limp mod after tdi conversion

Well you know it's either the pressure to the wastegate or a control issue/bad parameter issue. MAF can be tested. Here is a video but not sure if it applies to yours The N75 can be tested easy by disconnecting the harness and applying 12 volts and ground to the terminals. It'll open/close the...