Search results

1. F

Doors won’t unlock via touch after opening trunk

I have a 2013 Passat TDI SEL. When I open my trunk via touching the trunk button (on the car, not the fob), the trunk opens, and after 10 seconds or so the car horn honks indicating that the car has been re-locked. At this point I can no longer touch the driver’s-doorhandle with my fingertips...
  2. F

Old Keys Valuable???

I have 2 old fobs from previous VW's. I am sure that one of them is from a Jetta, not sure about the other at all. I've had 5 or 6 different VW's over the years. Do these keys have any value on Ebay? or should I just toss them? Can I reprogram them to my current Passat?? Thanks Bruce
  3. F

LED headlight question

Really great advice! Thanks everyone! I will probably just do the Sylvania Xe bulbs then, and maybe boost voltage. How is the life span on those premium bulbs? I tried something in my Dodge pickup about 8 years ago, and memory says they didn't last as long. For the $$ it was a pricey...
  4. F

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

Ad Blue sensor factory replaced for free I realize this thread hasn't seen any action in a couple years, but I just got my 2013 Passat AdBlue heater and sensor replaced under factory recall. FOR FREE. Maybe you guys already know that. I'm a noob and just wanted to make sure you're aware of...
  5. F

LED headlight question

I have a 2013 Passat TDI SEL. I would like to put LED headlights in it, but I have several questions: 1) How do they compare in brightness to HID? 2) What do people mean when they talk about having "projectors"? Is that in reference to the housing only, like do I have to get the LED bulbs...