Search results

1. C

Door locks and hatch lock on the B5.5 wagon, work intermittently. Why?

My key fob has a new battery, so that is not the problem. Sometimes the left doors unlock but the right ones won't. If I hit the trunk open button, I have to race to the back to open it otherwise it relocks itself. I tried the resetting of the code but that's not the problem. I'm wondering if...
  2. C

Door card front B5.5 wagon, loose and rattles

Looks like I need some front door panel holding rivets since the panel won't sit flush with the door and rattles. Anyone have a part number for these or other advice? Guess if I get the rivets, I'll have to pull that panel off. Will I have any problem just with prying it off with my special...
  3. C

Front seat play back and forth?

My drivers seat has some back-and-forth play, just enough to be bothersome. I'm not talking about up-and-down play, although it has a bit of that, too. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Not present in the passenger's seat I have a 2004 B5.5 TDI wagon.
  4. C

Pesky oil leaks

BHW. 250,000 miles. Pesky oil leaks. 1) Looks like some seepage around the wiring harness connector going into back of the cylinder head. What sort of gasket is used here? Does the valve cover need to come off to fix the leak? There is one threaded stud holding the outside plastic electrical...
  5. C

BHW 2004 Passat alignment question

I need an alignment on my 2004 BHW 5.5 Passat. The bottom loop tab on the passanger side engine mount/subframe support bracket is broken off. This is the bottom loop which takes the alignment pin. Do I need the loop for an alignment? I could either JB weld the piece back on, or order a used or...
  6. C

rear door unlocks but doesn't

Driver's side rear door. Key fob will unlock to the unlocked button position but the door won't open from the outside or inside. However, if I cycle the lock/unlock switch on the driver's door control console, it will fully unlock.
  7. C

Driver's seat new upholstery tan leather or leatherette ideas? Passat 5.5 2005

Driver seat upholsertry is bad. It's a light tan leather or leatherette. Is there is DIY kit for the color, or should I take it to a shop? The passenger side is not too bad, but should I do that one at the same time?
  8. C

Passat 5.5 BHW CAM Replacement: Grooves in cam caps 1 and 5, for what?

Moved from a BSD to doing a camshaft replacement on a BHW Passat due to excessive wear on the lobes. Number 4 cylinder lobes are the worst and there is some dishing on one of the lifters. This car is a little over 200k mi, previous owner did a cam replacement at 100k. Don't know who the...
  9. C

5.5 BHW doing the balance shaft delete and other things along the way....

As a matter of preventive maintenance, I am doing the balance shaft delete on a Passat wagon, 5.5 BHW, with 245,000 miles. Getting started, using a homemade perpendicular brace out of heavy channel steel: Thanks to those who, a long time ago, posted DIY instructions. Couple of things I am...
  10. C

Windshield cowl part 3B1819415EB41 discontinued?

Looking for this part for my BHW 5.5 2005 Passat TDI. 3B1819415EB41 Windshield cowl. This is a flimsy plastic rain deflector which fits up to the windshield. ESC shows a good picture of it, but indicates it is now a NLA part. Here: https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/28408_x800.webp