Search results

1. T

Tons of condensation in 2000 Mk IV trunk

My 2000 Jetta TDI has had a lot of condensation in the spare tire storage area. I haven't found any drain plugs missing, etc. Does this sound like a skylight drain that is plugged up?
  2. T

FS: Nice 96 Passat B4V

FS: Nice 96 Passat B4V, Eugene, Oregon Area B4V is sold. 3/9/18 I am regrettably selling my 96 B4V. After driving a stick-shift for more than a decade, my wife finally gets an automatic transmission SUV, which will be able to take the place of our wagon, when it comes to hauling what needs...
  3. T

vr6 suspension swap?

So...my '96 B4V is up around 240,000 miles and although it is a great cruiser, it reminds me, just a little, of a Buick when I'm out on the freeway. I once communicated with a member who swapped everything out to vr6 suspension status and said he really liked it and was glad he did. Alas, I...
  4. T

Mobil 1, 5w-30, fully synthetic oil, right?

I had a mechanic tell me that I should be using Mobil 1, fully synthetic Diesel oil, not the 5w-30 Mobil 1, fully synthetic that I learned about here on the site. Any truth to this? Jim
  5. T

B4 Black Window Trim Breakdown

Has anyone dealt with the black window trim on (old) B4 doors and the black stain that occurs when your shirt comes in contact with them ? It got my wife on the way to Easter Sunday Church Service today and I thought I would try to come up with a fix for it. Anyone? (Plus, I'd like to keep my...
  6. T

Heater Fan Stopped Running - not a bad fuse

Hey, the heater (dash) fan stopped running on my 2000 Mk IV yesterday. Checked the fuse, looks good. Any suggestions or is there a thread on this? Any help would be appreciated. Jim
  7. T

Heater Fan Stops Running - not a fuse

Hey...I checked the fuse when my heater fan stopped working. Any suggestions on where to go next, or is there a thread on this? Any help will be appreciated.
  8. T

MAF Question - B4

We're on the road and I think a MAF problem is kicking me into limp mode. Is it a simple "change it out" fix, right where it is inserted into the air intake pipe that goes to the manifold? Anyone with any experience on this? Also, is that a dealer part? Jim
  9. T

Limping Along In Limp Mode (Ogden, Utah)

Anybody live close to Ogden, Utah? We're headed East in our B4V, spending the night in Ogden, and when my engine gets warmed up it goes into limp mode. I'd like to find a mechanic around here if you know of one. I think the web site lists Orem, Utah for a recommended one, but if there is a...
  10. T

tdijim

Anybody on line from around Ogden, Utah? We're traveling East and we're in limp mode in my B4V. I'd like to find a mechanic here. (I don't think Orem is very close.) :cool: Jim
  11. T

Looking For B4 Headlights

I'd like to find some used headlights for my '96 B4V. Any luck? Jim
  12. T

syncro going?

I've got 265,000 miles on my 2000 Jetta tdi...200,000 of them mine. Just had a crunch experience going into first gear. Anyone have this happen? I could use some information on your experience. Jim
  13. T

Would Anyone In Oregon Read My Codes?

I'm located close to Eugene, Oregon. Is there anyone who would read my codes for me? I have a Vag-Com but no laptop and no experience. Happy to drive to you and bring some brews if you can help me out. Jim
  14. T

Rough Crank Two Times Before Starting

After driving my 2000 Jetta TDI several blocks and turning it off after it warmed up, I had trouble restarting it. 1st crank the engine was very rough, almost as if the timing was off. 2nd crank was the same way. 3rd crank it was smooth, started right up and ran well all the way home. I just...
  15. T

Suspension Question For My 2000 Jetta TDI

253,000 miles on this great MK IV. I hear about VR6 front springs for MK IV's...Are they only for project cars where owners have very deep pockets? Is there some advice out there for what to go through and replace at this point or is stock the only way to go? By the way...I do not thrash my cars.
  16. T

WTB MK IV Center Arm Rest

You cannot replace just the top (arm rest) part of the console when it goes bad...you replace the entire console, right?
  17. T

WTB B4V Center Brake Light (Deck Mounted)

Anyone have a center brake light from the rear deck of a B4V for sale?
  18. T

Have You Done The Oldman Suspension On Your Mark IV?

If anyone has done the Oldman Suspension (super-cheap) Upgrade on their Mk IV Jetta, could you let me know how it worked out for you? I think he used Bilstein HD's and reinforced his stock rear set-up with a welded-on rod. He pulled it and put the rod on the inside, welded it on his bench and...
  19. T

Inconsistent Boost Problem

My '96 B4V started losing boost and then getting it back when you turned off the engine and restarted. It took about 5-6 minutes for the boost to go off and drive like you didn't have a turbo. However, the last three times I've driven it, it drove normally...ran like a champ. Does this sound...
  20. T

Replacing (custom) oil feed line to turbo, advice please

My '96 B4V TDI needs a new oil feed line to the turbo. When I pulled the banjo connector bolt that connects the tube to the top right side of the engine, I noticed that it is hollow and has two openings at the top (of the bolt) I would think it is important that one of those openings lines up...