Search results

1. M

Heavy Duty Skid Plate Belly Pan for 1999.5 Golf

We no longer have the Golf but I kept the nice diamond pattern aluminum skid plate. I would like to get $50 for it. Call at nine five two 322-4593. I would prefer to sell it local in the Minnesota area. This is only for the plate itself as he didn't take off the other hardware to mount it...
  2. M

1999.5 pipe off turbo-POP no power whistling

It's staying with friends tonight but I really miss it. Here's how it happened. Driving down the interstate on the way to a funeral with John dressed in suit and tie for being a pallbearer. In other words, he is not willing to crawl under and inside of it. About 70MPH there was a loud pop...
  3. M

No or Low Power? unplug MAF and try it!!!

Such a simple thing to test the MAF. If the car then has power, the MAF is bad/dirty. At 140K, the MAF had been cleaned many times but never replaced. The difference is breathtaking. Dealership said that VW is "reworking" the old MAFs and selling them (as new for us at least) for about $80...
  4. M

No power after recent TB change

About 10 days ago John changed TB and the only problem he noticed was the clear fuel line from the fuel filter was found to have a small hole rubbed through and leaking fuel. He replaced the whole assembly of two tubes coming off the fuel filter as well as the other fuel lines from the pump. A...
  5. M

turn signals won't shut off by themselves anymore

turn signals won\'t shut off by themselves anymore I noticed this yesterday and thought it was a fluke but it happens all the time. Now I have to remember to always turn the signals off by hand after I make a turn. The lever seems kind of floppy. Any ideas? My husband is already telling me...
  6. M

NEW VW branded VISA card REWARDS VW purchases

http://www.cardweb.com/cardflash/
  7. M

Cheaper Source for Clear Fuel Lines from Fuel Pump

Hi Everyone: My husband and his mechanic buddies successfully changed the timing belt yesterday. Whilst engaged, they noticed a small hole in one of the fuel lines. VW dealer didn't have the hoses but ordered them for $6?.??. Does anyone know of a cheaper source for these? Appreciate it...
  8. M

Fuel Filter recommendations

Okay not exactly a new subject but I did search and found some old threads about the subject seemingly unresolved. Is there a better than OEM fuel filter reasonably priced that can be ordered online? Or, does anyone know of the best/cheapest place to order the OEM fuel filter online? Thanks...
  9. M

?Is there a Chip to improve Mileage?

Now that my car is chipped it seems to no longer get 50 MPG. That's one of the things I liked best about the TDI. It is nice to get on the freeway faster but has anyone chipped to get better MPG? Hope this hasn't been asked amillion times before.
  10. M

ISO cheap car to buy in Phoenix area

This forum may not be the place to look for it but the TDI people are such a nice bunch that I thought I'd try. We are looking for a cheap yet reliable vehicle to drive back from Phoenix. Not too fussy about the make but we want something that will sell once we get it back to MN.
  11. M

Kwik Trip Diesel Fuel report

Finally got to my neighborhood Kwik Trip to find out what diesel fuel they're selling now that it's cold out. They're selling Koch Performance Gold/Kwik Trip Winter Additive. The cetane is only 45 (on the Koch website the scale is 42-45 for the Gold Product). I was disappointed in this cetane...
  12. M

?? glow plugs for 99.5 golf 10mm or 12mm???

Just want to order an extra set in case. How do I tell which size to order? Is one size better than another? The ones in there now are Bosch and they had a number on them like 250 225 or similar. Thanks in advance for helping me out with this.
  13. M

attn: Brake experts "alarm" questions

Yesterday my brake "alarm" sounded and the brake indicator lit up on my A4 Golf w/85K. Last night we pulled the wheels and the pads/rotors looked good all around. Fluid level good. Brakes work fine. What else might cause the alarm? There was a squeek in the rear passenger brake since the...
  14. M

PEP BOYS $$$OFF COUPONS

Here's a link for a few dollars off coupons at PEP BOY in case someone needs headlights or something http://catch-a-ride.ebaypromo.com/coupons.cfm
  15. M

Happy Window Regulator Customer

Just have to say how well Burnsville VW handled my window regulator repair. Called VWofA and got the customer number for the repair--just like other posters here advised. Heading to the appointment early Friday I rolled up the window and there was a loud snap. The glass fell in! This was...
  16. M

extra discount for MN Biodiesel users

Anyone fueling in Northfield at the Coop might like to know that they take any competitors cents off coupons and will honor them even if they are expired. They also have a frequent fuelers program.
  17. M

TwinCities VW Cruise 5th Annual October 19 Watercool Run 5

Someone else mentioned this within another post. I picked up the flyer at Burnsville VW today and here's the scoop: Watercool Run 5 Saturday October 19 brought to you by http://www.volksport.com and sponsored by BV Volkswagon, South Central Imports, Heighton's Garage, Elite Autosports...
  18. M

Twin Cities Timing Belt GTG October 5

If anyone is in need of a timing belt change and willing to drive to Twin Cities area, please post. Post if you have other repair problems or questions. There is another longer post elsewhere on the site that has more information. Date will probably be October or early Nov. and more details...
  19. M

Anyone know cetane of B100?

Sorry if this has been asked before.
  20. M

Attn IOWA area TDI biodiesel plant opening tour

Just to let anyone near Ames, Iowa know that on August 21 the grand opening of the biodiesel plant near Ames is taking place. Several TDIers from the Twin Cities area are planning to attend. There is another post under Fuels Forum with the information regarding the purpose of TDI...