Search results

1. A

Engine turn over no fire

Was just sitting in my car getting ready to head into work when I heard a pop sound and engine was idling really ruff/ misfiring. Turned off engine and checked out the engine and it looks like the hood latch connector got sucked into the timing belt and broke the plastic connector on the side...
  2. A

Which turbo p/n is correct?

Hi all, Looking to order a replacement turbo (yes it is bad) on my 2005 2.0 BHW Passat. One the turbo I'm replacing it says HRG 038145702G V550 & GT1749VA & 717858-7. When I look that up on Garrett's website it says it's a 717858-5007S Garrett part number. Kerma reference p/n...
  3. A

Dead on highway - oil

So driving home, stuck in traffic going like 5mph and go to accelerate just a bit and pop, hear something. Then I see low oil pressure stop. Literally construction all around me, but was a able to pull off at exit just ahead while in limo mode. Turn it off and then back on and hear a pop noise...
  4. A

Dealer say this is the oil? Is this correct?

Hi all, Went to the dealer like usual today to get my oil for my 2005 Passat diesel BHW 2.0. I always get the Castro’s edge professional that says 505.01 on the front. This time they said it’s been replaced by the Professional OE. It’s does not state it is 505.01 compliant in the back. Just...
  5. A

Turbo overboost- LIMP / Vacuum Help Please!

Hi All, Have a problem with my 2005 passsat 2.0 BHW going into limp mode while mainly accelerating onto the highway or going up hills. It also has a slight stutter occasionally and black exhaust/ smoke exits. I hooked up my OBDelleven and it gave me these codes. I looked the codes up...