Search results

1. C

CA Smog and Tune

Can anyone in CA confirm that the smog techs are detecting tunes and failing cars with tunes (new smog law since July 2021)? I'm just curious how they'd detect the tune if they were just looking for monitor readiness before. YES, CA SUCKS AND YES, I AGREE WITH ALL YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS ABOUT...
  2. C

Open Door Buzz Alarm

I know my door switch is going out on my 02 jetta but I don't have time to deal with it right now. It still locks but while I'm driving, the open door alarm and light comes on/off and it's annoying. Is there any way I can turn it off with VAGCOM?
  3. C

Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI?

Just curious because there are a lot of 'better' cars out there in terms of technology and safety. Plus some of these mk4 tdi are getting to the age where people are spending thousands to maintain them. Not going to lie, I did. But I am hoping to put another 200k miles on mine. For me, I...
  4. C

WTB: Ross-Tech VCDS HEX+CAN

Want to buy Ross-Tech VCDS HEX+CAN Unlimited VIN or the new version with at least 3 VINs Please PM me if you have one for sale. Verified PayPal account.
  5. C

Anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area?

I am considering doing nozzles and a tune on my stock 02 TDI wagon. I am looking for over 120whp and over 200tq without losing fuel efficiency. I know it's never logical to mod a 16 year old car but there's just something about the torque of the diesel that I love and the fact that that manual...
  6. C

Brown Particles in Return Fuel Line

I just did the diesel purge procedure as general maintenance. I noticed some brownish small particles coming out of the return line. I immediately stopped the procedure since I didn't want the pickup line to suck all of it back in (will buy an in line filter next time). Have you guys seen...
  7. C

Fuel leaking from Tank

Started smelling raw diesel fuel more and more often as I get out of my 02 Jetta. Looked around and found diesel fuel Dripping from the bottom of the tank. I opened up the top access hole from below the rear seats and saw a small puddle of fuel on the sides of the cover. I looked at the...
  8. C

Vanes Stuck or Completely Disconnected?

In the process of cleaning my vanes with oven cleaner. I got everything off and the vane lever feels like it's not connected to anything... I can move it about 1/4", maybe a little less but there is absolutely no resistance. Are the vanes completely disconnected? I was getting an overboost...
  9. C

Car Shake on Take Off/First Gear

I bought my 02 manual tdi few weeks ago and I thought all was normal until my gf mentioned to me that when taking off in first gear, there's a distinct shake. All other gears are fine when on the move, including reverse. The shake is pretty pronounce but I never drove another small diesel car...
  10. C

San Francisco Bay Area TDI Mechanic/Gurus?

Hello all, I've always been interested in the TDI ALH models due to their great mpg and awesome diesel engines. I finally bought one. A 2002 Jetta Wagon 5 Speed Manual with 167k miles. The previous (original) owner kept it in great mechanical condition. The maintenance records were pretty...
  11. C

Advice on Buying Used 2014

Hi all. I am looking to buy a used Touareg TDI because it checks most of the boxes for me except reliability is questionable. However, since it comes with a 10 year 100k power train warranty, I am not as worried. I am quite confused on the pricing on these diesel touaregs. On KBB, a 2014...