Search results

1. C

VNT15, Garrett or Mahle? And replace oil line or re-use?

I have 20k miles on my Mahle with a stage 3 Malone tune. Been absolutely flawless, but when it was being fine tuned by Matt, the boost curve wasn't the smoothest but nothing of concern.
  2. C

What did you do to your MKIV today?

Debated on selling my 02 Wagon Manual with 190k miles...
  3. C

ALH Wagon: A Good Buy in 2022?

I might list mine soon because I have a work car to commute in. 2002 5 Speed ALH Wagon GLS in dark green with black cloth interior. 187k miles. Clean CA Title and 2 owners. Around 170k miles, Matt Phelan did the clutch, injectors, new turbo and timing belt for me. I don't even know how much...
  4. C

How many MKIV ALH wagons were made and of those how many were 5 speeds?

I want to think the 02 ALH 5 Speed Wagon is the rarest ;)
  5. C

Measuring oil consumption accurately? Dipstick confusion.

Where's everyone's oil level on the dipstick when completely cold?
  6. C

FINALLY FOUND ONE!

White
  7. C

FINALLY FOUND ONE!

Saw that one for sale. Congrats!
  8. C

CA Smog and Tune

I emailed Malone Tuning and they told me I can download the stock tune for free on tunezilla.
  9. C

CA Smog and Tune

Just got the renewal letter and need to smog. Anyone?? Before I go and buy a Flashzilla to go back to stock tune. Edit: I just purchased the FlashZilla. Not willing to risk being red flagged in any way.
  10. C

CA Smog and Tune

Haha. It's not hard to tune it back to stock. I am just more curious how they're detecting it
  11. C

CA Smog and Tune

Sorry, I forgot to add the part about it being a new smog law since mid July 2021. I passed no problem 2 years ago. Just concerned about the upcoming biannual smog check. https://www.motortrend.com/news/california-smog-testing-ecu-software-flash-modifications/
  12. C

CA Smog and Tune

Can anyone in CA confirm that the smog techs are detecting tunes and failing cars with tunes (new smog law since July 2021)? I'm just curious how they'd detect the tune if they were just looking for monitor readiness before. YES, CA SUCKS AND YES, I AGREE WITH ALL YOUR NEGATIVE OPINIONS ABOUT...
  13. C

guaging interest and value

If gas stays above $5, like many CA cities, I think there's a good chance these TDIs will slowly start going up in value based on demand. Plus, diesel is cheaper than gasoline nowadays. Most of the ones I see for sale are in fair condition at best. A clean one can definitely fetch $5k here in CA.
  14. C

How much would you pay?

Your dad's? Ask him for $500 to haul it away.
  15. C

I now have a V10 money pit, thanks to compudub!

Good stuff Matt! Now I can go buy one and bring it to you with confidence :) Seriously. If you see a decent one or have someone try to sell you one, let me know!
  16. C

Open Door Buzz Alarm

Cool. I'll try that. Thanks
  17. C

Open Door Buzz Alarm

I know my door switch is going out on my 02 jetta but I don't have time to deal with it right now. It still locks but while I'm driving, the open door alarm and light comes on/off and it's annoying. Is there any way I can turn it off with VAGCOM?
  18. C

Wagon owners: you put anything on to protect your rear bumper step?

My clear plastic sticker was probably there since new so it's all cracked and nasty looking. I might paint it with bed liner. My wagon is dark green so I don't think it can look that bad. Plasti dip will work until you slide something on top of it. It'll rub right off.
  19. C

Back on the Road

That sucks :( That's one of my biggest fears because I've spent a good amount on getting my jetta wagon into tip top shape. If a car plows into it and totals it, insurance would probably only give me $1500... I wonder if you can at least take out all the parts you put in..
  20. C

Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI?

I know what you mean by dumping money into the old car and knowing its good to go. Matt-98AHU brought my car back into shape! The old wagon's life span is now extended