Search results

1. P

Looking for 2015 Passat TDI SEL EGR Connector

Looking for the EGR connector to unplug it. Purchased a flash but it only tunes off the error light. Need to unplug the EGR connector to disable the EGR. 2015 is an oddball engine and they cannot do dynamic EGR with it so my only option is to disable.
  2. P

Washing without belly pan?

I think this is not an issue but I want to make sure. Just finished up working on our Passat and I'd like to take it through the carwash that has a undercarriage spray while the belly pan is off. Is there a reason not to do that?
  3. P

Was our heater core changed or not?

Here is heater core #4, the one I just replaced. System was flushed repeatedly 2 weeks ago with distilled water and refilled with 50/50 G40. The coolant in the system before the flush is only a year old. The sludge certainly looks like the glycerine slime on my furnace nozzle from when I used...
  4. P

What did I break? Please help with part ID or Part Number

I cracked what looks to be a fancy tee while I laid across the engine. I superglued the broken piece but I'd like to replace it since this is my daughter's car and she will be far away soon. In the parts diagram it is the Tee right above part #15. This is a picture of the actual superglued...
  5. P

How to: Replacing 2012+ NMS Passat heater core

Just about done doing this for the 1st time myself instead of paying again. This video was really helpful. It's the Euro version but it is similar enough to NMS that you can figure it out. The aluminium hoses were fairly chewed up on mine from previous techs using screwdriver to separate...
  6. P

Another heater core?

I'm just buttoning up doing mine myself for the 1st time today. I think it was made more difficult by the previous techs having bent pipes and used screwdrivers to separate the core from pipes. I would have gladly paid $950 for a 5 year warranty.
  7. P

Another heater core?

No idea the 1st 2 by the dealer and another 2 by independent shops. I can only assume that it is related to G13. Maybe yours does not have that? Called VW customer care and got no help whatsoever because it is a '15.
  8. P

Another heater core?

Currently putting in 5th one. It's become an annual event. Going to be fixed permanently this time.
  9. P

Here it was about 20mi every time it left the garage and 2 or 3 heater cores. There I don't know but it's only been 1 semester. I do know it sits a lot because her friends that are from there drive most of the time. We have a diesel BMW and a diesel Jeep and have none of these problems with...
  10. P

Well my daughter texted from college today. No heat from the passenger side again with this POS car! Heater cores seem to be an annual replacement item. This is the 3rd or 4th one. Partially my fault because I got busy and never drained the VW coolant and replaced it. She's driving it home...
  11. P

FS 2015 Passat TDI SEL Head Unit (RINS510)...Just pay shipping from 17777-SOLD

I'm cleaning out my garage. It went to black screen. I replaced it with an RCD330 from Ddren. If anyone wants this before it goes to electronics recycling message me and it's yours for whatever shipping will cost from 17777.
  12. P

Looking at a Q5. What should I know?

We bought the X3d. Thanks for all the assistance offered in this thread. Now we have oil burners from 3 companies in our stable. VW, Jeep, and BMW. We'll see which is actually more expensive going forward. As a former ASE Tech I can do most things myself. But, what I can't is very expensive...
  13. P

Additionally...we always wanted a Diesel Tiguan but that never made it to US. That would have been perfect so all these are 2nd choice.
  14. P

Thanks @oilhammer. Yes, I was aware of the car-based platform stuff. She's a small lady and likes sitting higher in my Jeep for visibility. Maybe it's the woman equivalent of men making up for 'issues' by driving big loud trucks?;) Her only offroading would be our 50ft gravel driveway. No...
  15. P

If an Outback or CRV can be called SUV'S I'll let her call a Q5 an SUV. Is 200K mi realistic with a 3.0 and good maintenance? Got a kid in college now so my bank account isnt as fat as it once was.
  16. P

Our Passat has gone off to college with our daughter. My wife, being mostly low maintenance, would like another oil burner. Small SUV was her biggest request and I've narrowed it down to 2015/2016 X3 or Q5. There are a few of each below or just over 100k miles she likes the pictures. I know...
  17. P

Belly Pan Screws

Thanks. Was hoping to get generic ones this evening.