Search results

1. Haiku TDI

Reputable Place in Columbus, OH to have AC serviced

When out running errands today it was a bit toasty, so I turned on what is normally my super cold AC -- nothing. I've never had the AC serviced at all so I am hoping that the AC just needs to be flushed and refilled. After 13 years, go figure. Anyone have suggestions as to where I should...
  2. Haiku TDI

WTB: 98, 99, 00, 01, 02 OEM radio/cassette

Looking to replace my OEM radio for a 1998 Jetta TDI with an identical OEM with radio code. It is a single din AM/FM radio cassette that seems to come from the 98-02 era... Please PM me.
  3. Haiku TDI

oil for an IDI engine???

A friend of mine texted me to ask me if I might know of anyone who might be able to suggest a good oil for an IDI diesel??? Any feelings on brands/weights?? Something common and not special order preferably...
  4. Haiku TDI

Radio Removal Keys for A3 in NE

Hello my favorite New Englanders!! I shall be returning to NE for the summer as of June 18th. I hope to see everyone that weekend before heading to Vermont. I recently acquired an ipod adapter, but I need to pull the radio head to connect it. I friend here in Ohio thought he had the proper...
  5. Haiku TDI

Belly pan screws???

Might anyone know if the A3 belly pan screws are different from the A4s??? (And by belly pan I guess I mean "lower engine cover") I know these are the part #s for the A4 (thank you Phoenix), but I am having some trouble finding out what my darling A3 needs N 90775001 Belly pan screw N 907...
  6. Haiku TDI

Why car clubs rule

So while I was back in Rochester dealing with the death of my grandfather, I learned that the first boy I ever loved died. Chris was 30 and died from juvenile diabetes. While Chris was not a TDI person, I do hold him responsible for my love of cars as I first dated him even before I was old...
  7. Haiku TDI

Flaking clear coat

Yesterday as I was opening the rear driver's side door to load some groceries into the back seat, I noticed that the clear coat inside of the door jam was beginning to flake off (inside of the door, on the right, upper part going towards the rear). I am sure losing your clear coat is a bad...
  8. Haiku TDI

Ohio takes its toll on my TDI..... again

So I was on my way out early this morning, as breakfast was being made for me by a very kind and highly auto-wise gentleman, when I discovered that my car had been broken into again. Ohio Strikes Pack, part II, the Submission of the Chicken Car. Thus far from what I can tell nothing has been...
  9. Haiku TDI

100,000 miles

The car turned 100,000 miles this morning. :D Happy milestone to my car. Perhaps to celebrate it will get washed and waxed this weekend. Er. After my reading is done, that is.
  10. Haiku TDI

STOLEN - MY TDI from home in Columbus, OH

Sometime between 8pm last night and 11am my car was stolen from behind my house! Someone got into my house last night while I was in the bathroom and stole my purse, keys, wallet, cellphone, etc. The car was fine last night, but now it is gone. I want my TDI back! And if they put gas or...
  11. Haiku TDI

Stolen - My Tdi

Sometime between 8pm last night and 11am my car was stolen from behind my house! Someone got into my house last night while I was in the bathroom and stole my purse, keys, wallet, cellphone, etc. The car was fine last night, but now it is gone. I want my TDI back! And if they put gas or...
  12. Haiku TDI

Help on Wednesday needed for the Jetta gasser post x-c journey

Yesterday was a good day of driving as we completed the last leg of the x-c journey. Now that the 96 Jetta is in my hands I took a peek under the hood this AM to see what was going on in there, and I think that it needs a more expert glance than I am able to give it. It looks like we shall be...
  13. Haiku TDI

Cats to a good and loving home

This past weekend I learned just how much my PhD work will be taking me out of town, and after a great deal of soul searching I have determined that though it completely breaks my heart it might be best for me to find a new home for the kitties. After some nudging by a good TDIer I figured that...
  14. Haiku TDI

Looking for a Rear Brakes -- Drums -- How TO

Does anyone have a rear breaks how to for the A3 rear drums?
  15. Haiku TDI

Places to live in Columbus

Now having officially signed my life away to the Ph.D. programme at OSU, I am headed back out to Ohio in June, 6ht-9th, to find a place to live and perhaps help a friend complete his x-c trek back to Maine from CA in his 1996 A3. I will be making the move for Sept 1st as I need to spend the...
  16. Haiku TDI

Pub Crawl for a Good Cause

The Stumble to Stomp Out Hunger will take place on Saturday in Manchester, NH: http://vivamanchvegas.com/pubcrawl.htm Though it is not FF, nor even a Friday at that, I do know that the NE crew can drink, so drinking for a cause might not be such a bad idea.
  17. Haiku TDI

First tank of B20 in at 98 Jetta

After our GTG the other night I needed to find some fuel before my drive from Rhode Island back to New Hampshire. There was a small caravan of people going to find the station that sells B20 off of I-95. Though hesitant to put B20 in my 9 year-old car as it has never run Bio before, I went...
  18. Haiku TDI

Thoughts about wheel adapters

What are general feelings on adapters for wheels 5 lug to 4?
  19. Haiku TDI

A NE TDI Moves to the Mid-West

It looks as though my PhD work will be taking me away from my TDI home with the New England crew and Ho5G and transplanting me to OSU for the next 5-7 years of my life. While I have yet to sign on the dotted line with OSU's Comparative Studies Department, and have yet to make my first trip to...
  20. Haiku TDI

Thoughts needed on Halo Projector Headlights

I will need to upgrade the lighting on my 98 MK3 Jetta before the summer. Poking about the threads I have learned that I can't get Hella E-codes for my car. Well, I could get them, but would need to do some body alterations to get them in there and that is far more than I am willing to do...