Search results

1. T

ALH tune and California smog.

Pretty much any small equipment under 25hp, including portable generators. In a state that can’t keep the power on either because of fires or the grid cans keep up with the demand, in like 3 years it you won’t be able to buy a new generator! There is not enough power to go around, so everyone...
  2. T

Perfect. Thank you. I google searched all over and didn’t find this info.
  3. T

I know with my suburban, it’s and 2004, and it applies. Even back to 1996 the first odbii year. I found a list of a few vehicles the it forwent apply to. But I didn’t see the Jetta listed. I haven’t tuned it yet. Need to do the clutch first. Just in planning stages.
  4. T

I was born and raised here. I live in beautiful mountains where I have had 6 feet of snow, but I’m 2 hours from the desert in Nevada and 2.5 hours from the ocean. I love the rich gold mining history. I have over 100 mountain bike trails less than 2 hours from my house. I bought my house when the...
  5. T

Unfortunately local highway patrol is onto that. Have a couple coworkers that have been ticketed for having Montana plates. Small towns and they are the same car for months on end. They get suspicious. I can register at my in-laws house as well. That’s a county that doesn’t require biennial...
  6. T

So I recently found out that starting last summer, California has started checking the ecm CALID/CVN. If they don’t match factory, the car is flagged for a trip to the referee. Anyone run into this with the ALH cars? I know my 04 suburban won’t pass with a tune. I would have to flash back to oem...
  7. T

2000 intermittent loss of power

So I was driving my 2000 Jetta home today. Last big hill before I got up, I got stuck behind a truck. Had to downshift. As soon as I shifted and got back on the throttle, 1/2 power was gone. Felt like no boost. No smoke, no noise. Got home, ate dinner, went back out with VCDS, maybe 15 minutes...
  8. T

Alh timing tool rental in sac/nor-cal/Reno area?

Anyone in the Sacramento to Reno northern California area have alh timing tools for rent? I have vag-com. Just looking for the rest of the tools.
  9. T

First TDI. Questions about stock power and maintenance.

Yes took the tube out. There is absolutely no provisions for a snow screen. No screws or place for screws. Just one solid tube from air box to grill. I figured I would look into cruise when I get the scan tool. Right now it's not a big deal to me, as I hardly use it. My fisrt priority...
  10. T

Ok I will try to cover everything. First, I won't have my cable infill today, then I have to learn the software. I am diesel mechanic by trade, but medium and heavy duty. I do a lot of computer diag, but every software is different. My car does not have and appears to never had a snow...
  11. T

I recently picked up my first TDI, a 2000 Jetta TDI GLS 5 speed with 155k miles. Got, at least I feel, a good deal due to faded paint, salvage title, and some minor problems. Got a coolant leak at the t-stat. Owner had a receipt for timing belt parts 30k ago, but only show belt, tensioner, and...