Search results

1. R

2006 Jetta w/ BRM conrod bearing failure

I did a fair amount of work replacing engine components last year when my piston rings wore out, and everything went fine for about 10,000 miles when I started hearing an extremely faint ticking sound while on the freeway. I pulled over and by the time I came to a stop the engine had all but...
  2. R

2006 Jetta TDI w/ BRM engine, misfire at idle when hot and air in fuel return line

First of all this engine has 330,000 miles on it and I recently did some pretty major work on it, including replacing the rods, wrist pins, rings, valves, and a few other bits here and there (different thread that I still need to get back to after I sort this out). It runs absolutely fine when...
  3. R

2005.5 Jetta TDI losing massive amounts of oil, looking for ideas

My Jetta has 320,000 on the odometer, and after some engine work it's now losing an incredible amount of oil and I can't figure out where it's coming from. It's losing on the order of 2-3 quarts every 200 miles. None of it is coming out below the car, it's all going out the tailpipe, but I've...
  4. R

GTB1749V from Darkside isn't a GTB1749V?

I've been running a GTB1749V from darkside developments for several years now, and have been pretty ok with its performance but I've never really measured how much of an improvement it got me. As of a week ago after an unfortunate intake mishap, I'm now looking to replace the cartridge since...
  5. R

Replacing 0A4 transmission shift selector bearing

So I had noticed the seal on top of the shift selector mechanism (shift tower?) on the top of the transmission was leaking a bit, and I found a guide for changing this seal along with the bearing on an 02J transmission. I attempted to do this procedure, since the 0A4 is extremely similar to...
  6. R

0A4 transmission shift selector seal

please delete *please delete, wrong forum*
  7. R

2006 Jetta 165K suspension maintenance

Ok, so I found plenty of how to guides on replacing various suspension parts, but one thing they don't seem to address is when to replace components. My car has no noticeable problems with the suspension as far as strange noises, bounciness, or whatever, but after 165K miles on original parts I...
  8. R

BRM Camshaft Replacement

So having noticed my fuel economy steadily decline over the past year or two with no real explanation, I finally decided to take a half hour to check my camshaft at 144k miles. Sure enough, even though the engine sounds just fine all the exhaust valve lobes are worn well past the chamfered...
  9. R

2005.5 clutch pedal jammed

I can't seem to find any clutch related problems that match the symptoms I'm seeing, so I thought I'd start a new thread. Anyway, I was driving home last night and, while shifting from 3rd to 4th, my clutch pedal never came back up when I released it. The pedal remained on the floor, but the...
  10. R

Buying a new TDI in California

I live in california, and I've been looking into buying a new TDI from nevada and was hoping to get a couple questions I have cleared up here. Is it possible to register to a PO box in nevada then register it in california 7500 miles later, or will I have to have a friend living in nevada...