Search results

1. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Thanks everyone - this is closed. There's one sale pending. I'll move the rest of the parts to ebay.
  2. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Parts list updated; photos added. Best offer plus shipping for any/all. I'll close this and move the remaining parts to ebay next week.
  3. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Sorry, no. The car's gone.
  4. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Anyone care to offer price help? We have two folks interested in the injection pump. My goal is still 'best offer' but I think we'd all appreciate a sanity check. Thanks! The pump was purchased from a club vendor after being rebuilt by the Bosch experts in Oregon (DFIS, I believe). Fresh...
  5. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

PM me a shopping list and we'll go from there. The pedal assembly and intercooler are here, along with all the intake tubing. The only bad sensor on the engine is the leaking oil pressure sensor.
  6. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Sorry - cluster shipped today.
  7. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Sorry, no - I've got regular hose clamps on those breather hoses/tubes.
  8. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Rough, FG. I found it in NH after it had been 'rode hard and put up wet' - complete with water leaks and tons of dirt and dog hair. I bought it to be my work truck. The tan finish is coming off the plastic door handles, cloth is starting to let go on the door cards. The headliner is tight...
  9. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Sorry, ecodes are gone. Turn signals/blanks are old and nasty - the car's got more than 410K miles on her. There's only one good fog - the driver's side. The passenger side is a cheap 'Chinese Hella' that has come apart inside. Not recommended. I wouldn't sell the handles or latches to...
  10. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

I'm not prepared to ship the entire head, but we can arrange something if you really need it. I have a slide hammer, though, and can pull the injectors. Keep in mind that while they're Bosio nozzles, they've got more than 100K miles on them. There's only one fog - a German Hella drivers-side...
  11. A

Parting 97 B4 Wagon

Closed. Parting 97 B4 Wagon This is closed. Thanks to all that are keeping their B4s alive. --- edit...23 Oct... Well, I hoped it would take a bit longer for this, but once I started pulling parts off the Passat I hit my landlord's radar. So...today the car left on the back of a truck. I...
  12. A

Assorted B4 Parts

Hey everyone, I have some assorted B4 Passat parts that are ready for a new home. I'll list purchase prices for the new parts but not the old. All are best offer. We can make arrangements that include Paypal, or I can load the parts (after we agree on price) into my on-line store for...
  13. A

BP VS. Royal Purple - Truth in Advertising

The industry can be pretty bipolar. One of the companies has their sales force use the 'test' in the field, yet their tech director is on record saying the test is only for evaluating gear oil and results don't match real-world experience. :-) "The Timken EP Test ASTM D2783 provides a rapid...
  14. A

I appreciate your thoughts and experiences, pruzink. This has been covered here in the forum in the past, but the test you're talking about doesn't tell us anything usable about oil - it's a 'quick and dirty' bench test for evaluating extreme pressure grease and gear oil. RP, Schaeffer, and...
  15. A

http://www.imakenews.com/lng/e_article001398592.cfm?x=bfmW6PM,b1bmpjq9 April 8, 2009 Truth in Advertising: BP v. Royal Purple By George Gill Royal Purple Ltd. was black and blue after BP Lubricants USA took it to task over advertising claims for its synthetic motor oil, finding a...
  16. A

Audi's 3.0 TDI "Cleanest Diesel in the World"

Engineering TV has an excellent two-part video interview with Herr Schiele: http://engineeringtv.com/blogs/etv/archive/2009/04/07/cleanest-diesel-in-the-world.aspx Audi's Manager of Diesel Engineering, Günter Schiele, discusses what it takes to produce the "cleanest diesel in the world"...
  17. A

505.00 vs 505.01 technical difference

We have some good data on the site that gives us most of the answer, but not all of it. We have a copy of the VWAG 505.00 and VWAG 505.01 (first generation). We have data from the ACEA specifications the VWAG specs are evolved from. This is valid source data. We also have virgin oil...
  18. A

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

I'm not sure if you talked with someone at OAI in Superior, or a tech at one of the Horizon labs. I would start by contacting the lab thru your web account and asking them to re-run the fuel dilution on the oil. They keep the sample for awhile in case they need to repeat a test. That will let...
  19. A

What is best overall? Synthetic oil changes every 16K or non synthetic more often?

Bottom of page 1, left column, 3rd paragraph up - says the 0W-30 and 0W-40 use PAO. There's a comment in the cold temperature fluidity area as well. PDF search/find to the rescue. Thanks DD!
  20. A

What is best overall? Synthetic oil changes every 16K or non synthetic more often?

VW 505 is a very old spec. It's about 4 generations behind CI-4+ and five behind CJ-4. Our cars called for 505 or API CD (introduced in 1955!). Since then, for 4-cycle diesels, we've gone thru CD (obsolete), CF, CF-4 (obsolete), GC-4, CH-4, CI-4, CI-4+ and CJ-4. (API Spec history - see page 3)...