Search results

1. M

Miss my A5 but love my 335d

Miss the 2006 TDI a lot. Hard time letting go but the guy who bought it was happy cause it was nicely maintained when he bought it. Love my new 335d a lot. Should be for the price! However if the TDI wasn't such a maintenance hassle I would have kept it. For one thing I found the driver's seat...
  2. M

BMW 335d new proud owner

Bought a 335d Amazing car. VERY happy so far. Let's hope it holds up better than the TDI.
  3. M

Need Help To Change Dsg Oil In Florida

Need Help To Change DSG Oil In Florida Anyone willing to help/show/perform a DSG oil change with me. I don't have much knowledge How to but I can supply beer and food!
  4. M

Quartz TOTAL 5w30 problem

Used the 10,000 mile interval this last change with this oil. Took it out and it was thick and blacker than black and almost gooey. Usually I change at 7000 miles but money has been tight so I followed the manual interval. First time I ever saw this. The Mobil ESP 507.00 at 10,0000 miles was...
  5. M

Gunk Diesel Fuel Sulfur Substitute

Anyone try this?? http://www.gunk.com/CAT_M7112.asp :confused:
  6. M

ELF LSX 10 Percent MPG Decrease!

With Mobil 1 ESP the light came on at 400. Switched a few weeks ago to Elf LSX and the light comes on at 360! Same driving habits, same ecerything. What gives!??:confused:
  7. M

Car bucks and shifts through 1, 2, 3 gear hard

Sometimes when starting from a stop the Car bucks and shifts through 1, 2, 3 gear hard until 4th gear and than drives normally. This only happens in D position and has happened three times. Of course the dealer can't reproduce it because it has happened three times and about once every two...
  8. M

Thinking Of Selling

With the price of diesel skyrocketing it becomes less interesting to own the TDI IMHO. Volkswagen service has been extremely crappy and the car spends a lot of time at the dealer for service. Before I sell the car I was wondering what other's think? I need the good MPG and was wondering if I can...
  9. M

Economy article thumbs up for TDI

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/fueleconomy/articles/126370/article.html But I read the 2009 had poorer economy despite the article comment to the contrary compared to the 2005
  10. M

Honda Diesel "Tourer" Wagon (Accord?)

Saw this car http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2009-honda-accord-euro-spec/634896/ Honda Diesel "Tourer" Wagon (Accord?) Can I buy anything similar in the States?
  11. M

Other cars with electrical outlets in them?

My 2006 TDI Jetta has an electric outlet in the rear of the center armrest. Are there any other automobiles with an electric outlet? I had never seen it before.
  12. M

Austrian detectives drive Bora TDI

Watched the news today. Austrian detectives transported suspect in a Bora TDI. Must be a good car!
  13. M

Wow! VWoA says no warranty!

Today I was informed by VWoA that my car will not be covered under warranty for a necessary repair because records show that I did not bring the car to the dealer for the 10k and 20k service. I have receipts for ALL oil changes and oil purchases and of course filters etc. The manager at VWoA...
  14. M

A5 TDI same as A5 Gasser? I dunno!

I've had the chance now to drive 6 Jetta dealer loaners. All of them gassers. Am I crazy or is my TDI a totally different car then the gassers I've driven while my TDi was at the dealer for service? They all seemed to handle much poorer, and the fit and finish was way poorer than my TDI. Each...
  15. M

Why not mix different oil?

I've got a few extra/spare bottles of oil from various oil changes. I have two bottles of Mobil 1 ESP 5W30 507.00. I have 3 bottles of ELF DID 5W40 505.01 and I have two bottles left over of Elf Solaris LSX 5W30 505.01. Can't I pick my 4.3 liters from of mix of some of these instead of buying a...
  16. M

Consumer Reports Jetta unreliable

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=435706&GT1=22017 Consumer reports doesn't think my car is reliable. So much so they mention the car twice. So far they are correct. Still fun to drive though. But as much as I like to drive it, we have decided next time to go for one of...
  17. M

Malfuntioning calipers ate my rotors and pads

Took the car in because the calipers were hanging. Driving the car all you could hear was scraping in the rear calipers against the rotors WITHOUT brakes being applied. First was intermittent then would go away. Took the car in. Service guy says I owe for new rotors and pads. "Calipers are fine"...
  18. M

How to sunroof maintenance

Anybody know how where maintenance how to's are for sunroof? Greasing and cleaning out the drains???
  19. M

Wow. Car hydroplaned something awful today

Gee! Continental Conti Pro Contact tires. I thought these were good until today. Any suggestions for a less hydroplaning tire? Pilot Exaltos? I have 30k now on the Continental and they have good wear but I don't want screaming passengers. No fun.:eek:
  20. M

Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 507

Having good experience with this new Mobil 1 ESP 5w30 oil. Seems to be an increase in horsepower, even screaching tires for the first time. MPG is up slightly too and car runs a liitle quieter. :) Anybody else using it?