Search results

1. jwp175

2010 Jetta MKV - Fan 1 Control Circuit Short to GND

I've recently encountered what appears to be the dreaded cooling fan / AC malfunction symptoms that many threads seem to touch on. I haven't seen the specific condition and set of 4 codes that I'm seeing on mine, so I thought I'd post and ask for some feedback. This started when my wife noticed...
  2. jwp175

LUK Replacement Clutch in my '02 Jetta has developed vibration ...

I installed an LUK Dual Mass clutch kit in my '02 Jetta TDI a little less than a year ago. A few months back it developed a noticeable/extreme vibration when starting out in 1st gear or when in reverse. It only happens at the point where I'm engaging or feathering the clutch to start out...
  3. jwp175

MK3 EGR won't hold vacuum

I'm thinking it's toast. I've got 252k on my '98 Jetta TDI and have thrown a CEL code indicating an EGR issue. I pulled the hose off the EGR and hooked up my Mighty Vac to see if it holds a vacuum, and it won't. I've found a few threads about this and it seems like a fairly common...
  4. jwp175

Coolant hose replacement ... Are there any diesel resistant options?

I am about to order another one of these coolant hoses ... a '3-way Pump to head to oil cooler'. I'll post a pic here shortly ... Here's a link to one on AutoHausAz -> http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=ike0mxvjuvbuedr0t3gq2ufx&partnumber=028121053Q. This is the second time...
  5. jwp175

Just Completed Clutch Kit Install ... ongoing project ...

Here's the most recent issues with my wife's '02, after it's run-in with a curb in Oct of 2011. Here's the original post if you're interested -> http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=334784 ... I've put more than 10,000 miles on it since getting it back on the road in February '12. From...
  6. jwp175

Recommendation for OEM bolts supplier ...

I'm looking for a recommendation for a supplier of OEM bolts ... for instance, I need the passenger side motor mount and motor mount bracket bolts. Also need oil pump mounting bolts. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks John
  7. jwp175

This Can't Be Good ... Take a look ....

... So my son had a run-in with a curb and the more I take apart, the more issues I'm finding. This one could be the one that puts my wife's '02 out to pasture ... Here are a few pics of the passenger side engine mount, with a chunk of the block still attached to one of the bolts. Another...
  8. jwp175

Brake Pads for '98 Jetta TDI ... Canadian or US ??

I am due for a brake change on my '98, so I called Advance Auto Parts. When quoting a price for the front pads, the guy asks me if the car was manufactured in Canada, or the US. I was a bit confused as I have never been asked that question before. The difference in price for the front pads was...
  9. jwp175

Electrical component ... can anyone identify this and comment?

So late last night I was completing the installation of a Zerostart heater in my '98 Jetta, and discovered this electrical component mounted near the firewall on the driver's side. It's all fried, but the car seems to be running fine. Can anyone comment on this and what my next step...
  10. jwp175

Help with Zerostart Heater install in '98 Jetta

I'm looking for some help with the proper mounting and hose connections for a Zerostart tank-type heater install in my '98 Jetta. It's model # 3305003A. I've located posts for other years but can't seem to locate any info for this model. Is there anyone who has completed this or has one...
  11. jwp175

Help with Zerostart heater install in '98 Jetta ...

I'm looking for some help with the proper mounting and hose connections for a Zerostart tank-type heater install in my '98 Jetta. I've located posts for other years but can't seem to locate any info for this model. Is there anyone who has completed this or has one installed that might be...
  12. jwp175

N108 ... anyone have a picture ...

Some of the posts I've been reading point to the N108 valve as a possible issue for a problem I am currently having. Does anyone have a picture showing the location of this? jp
  13. jwp175

Cold Weather In PA causing CEL ?

It's been pretty darn cold here in Pittsburgh the last couple of days, and I had difficulty starting my '98 Jetta TDI this morning. After charging the battery and getting it started, I threw a CEL light about a mile down the road. The engine appeared to miss a couple of beats, and was NOT...
  14. jwp175

Failed TB Tensioner ? Work done at Europa Motor Works, Hamden CT

Awful Screaching noise - not the Aux Belt or TB tensioner, Pls VIEW VIDEO UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE PLEASE VIEW VIDEO AT --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyLLBYNYnTE and provide feedback UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE...
  15. jwp175

Power window problems ... has anyone seen this?

I found some time last weekend to tear apart the rear passenger side door on my '98 Jetta TDI, to see if I could figure out why the power window didn't work. When I bought the car, there was a note from a steelership (I'm a little north of Pittsburgh ... sorry, that was cheap :) ) indicating...
  16. jwp175

Looking for recommended supplier for '02 Jetta Wheel Covers

My wife recently lost one of the wheel covers for her '02 Jetta. It's looking pretty nasty with one missing. Are there any recommendations out there for a good online supplier? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  17. jwp175

Front End 'Clunking' Noise - '98 Jetta TDI

Looking for some recommendations from those with experience out there ... I recently bought a '98 Jetta TDI with 147k miles on it (Love it!!). There is a knocking or clunking noise that is clearly heard in the front end - sounds like it's coming from right in front of the passenger side by the...